Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Howe
United States
El Sobrante
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm trying to decide whether or not purchasing a second base set of the game for the C&C ruleset is a good roi. I know that Mr. Borg has stated in the past that there are plans for epic rules and scenarios, but it's been a while since we've heard anything. Has any progress been made on the front behind the scenes?

I know that the point buy system of the AoT system would make it worthwhile, but while I will eventually learn and play those rules, my main focus is the C&C component.

Opinions?

Thanks!

-Art
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the duel rules set has slowed the game down a bit. Zvezda has struggled to enter the North American marketplace which is a real shame. The Art of Tactic system is interesting and fun.

IMHO a second set would be a must as I anticipate that the AOT sets will demand the board and Mr. Borg will expand upon an epic setting. I just think that his focus is on C and C Napoleonics with emphasis on La Grande Bataille.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a second set is a must for C&C Samurai.
Otherwise you'll find yourself having to swap the flags on the unit backs... This will likely lead to some breakage of flags and possibly figures.

I bought two sets and painted them in different colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought two sets as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Borg
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I have 4 sets, because we need them all to play some standard size scenarios, not to speak of larger Epic size battles. You can find the Samurai Battles game at some great prices on the internet, so it is not as expensive as a player may think, especially when you consider the cost of a single mini-kit vs the number of kits in the core game.

Richard Borg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Howe
United States
El Sobrante
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input everyone. I ordered a second set this morning.

Mr. Borg, 4 sets?! wow I bet those battles are indeed epic. So are there going to be published scenarios that require that much plastic or is that just you tinkering? btw, thank you for the wonderful game.

Best,

Art

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Gauthier
United States
Monticello
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a second set originally, although I haven't assembled its figures yet. I'll probably do the expansion figures first. On the other hand, if I ever got rid of my old Milton Bradley Samurai game, I'd probably keep the figures for use in SB! Here's hoping Zvesda will continue with issuing expansions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the ninja expansion set out yet?
also Zvesda seem to be trying to get distribution here in the uk - their models add ons (the little 1 or 2 base expansion packs) are in a lot of the model shops...
I'm off to the ukgames expo this weekend so i'll see what exposure the system has there too.. I like the Samuari C&C but I also like the WW2 Art of Tactics set and I know they're making a Vietnam War one..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Goldberg
msg tools
ok new one here....a quick question - i know NINJA expansion will have some extras for C&C part - but how about small (mini) expansions.
Thous are only for AOT rules right?

THX for answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.