8 Posts

Axis & Allies Europe 1940» Forums » General

Subject: Does the 2nd edition global com with enough pieces? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Allen
United States
flag msg tools
I have the second editions of Axis & Allies Pacific and Europe. I have not had the opportunity to play them yet. Are there any shortages of pieces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now buy a second copy because "yes" you are definately short depending on your style of play.

I bought both editions because it solved that problem and game me more variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This doesn't answer your question, but...

I purchased Axis & Allies 1941 and added all the minis to those of my 2nd ed. Global, for extra pieces if necessary as well as to have a variety of sculpts, which adds flavour. The sculpts in 1941 are new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have one copy of Europe 1940 and 1 copy of Pacific 1940 and have never run out of pieces in the 5+ Global games I've played. We use stacking chips though. You'd need 50 copies of each game if you don't use stacking chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

This doesn't answer your question, but...

I purchased Axis & Allies 1941 and added all the minis to those of my 2nd ed. Global, for extra pieces if necessary as well as to have a variety of sculpts, which adds flavour. The sculpts in 1941 are new.

So the coloring of the plastic is exactly the same, then? Fully compatible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
With both the Asia and Europe together you have enough pieces. However if you want to use all tokens OR all pieces you will be short. I have a preference for using the tokens whenever possible to indicate additional troops, and I run short of the "1 value" tokens and have to use the plastic troops. Once the combat starts, the pieces are generally coming off the board faster than they are going on it.

Depending on how expansionistic the Japanese get, they can run short of control markers. To me this is a bigger issue. I've never run short of pieces, but have run short on control markers. When this happens I just remove the ones from the center of the Japanese empire and put them on countries on the fringe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has any A&A game ever been published with enough pieces?

Maybe if you like chips, but otherwise you can always go to Historical Board Gaming for individual minis to supplement what you have, and also things like custom dice and markers. (It's also a good place to see if your minis are the same style as minis from another A&A title.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like using the chips because otherwise the board gets too busy, particularly in places like Europe, and parts of the USSR where you end up with so many pieces you can't tell where the borders are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.