The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shadowcard effect confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1)If I got the Hunters from Mordor as Shadowcard, it says each hero with clue tokens receive damage. Does that apply to all players' hero? So after the hero with clue taken damage, then they will lost their clue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's a nasty combo, at least clues go back on top of the encounter deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:

Although it goes back to the top of the encounter deck but problem is during encounter phase it gonna be drawn as a shadowcard then eventually it will just go to discard pile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

Although it goes back to the top of the encounter deck but problem is during encounter phase it gonna be drawn as a shadowcard then eventually it will just go to discard pile

After optional engagement and engagement checks have been done, all enemies are dealt their shadow cards. You then deal with the attacks one by one (in the order the engaged player chooses IIRC). Feint or Snare can be played to stop the attack in its tracks and you simply discard the shadow card. This also makes sense when you consider some of the later event cards that let each player discard one dealt shadow card of their choice.

At least, this is the way I play it, and it seems in line with what I've seen (ie from the video playthroughs that the Cardboard of the Rings guys have been uploading.)

This should mean that that shadow effect isn't quite as nasty as it seems. Still hurts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.