Hide
5 Posts

Dungeon Command» Forums » General

Subject: Increase Battlefield Size? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
some geek
msg tools
I see that auggies has the battlefield tiles for sale. Curious if folks have used more than the default count that comes with the expansions when building their battlefields?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Increasing the number of tiles would lengthen the game unnecessarily. I think 1 reason for an extra copy of each tile would be to allow for more variation of the arena layout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that a larger battlefield does not help the game. I think those of us who are accustomed to longer "build times", or more defensive play, find this challenging. Its a knife fight in a cage, and needs to be played as such. Definitely a challenge I enjoy more each time I play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
somegeek wrote:
Curious if folks have used more than the default count that comes with the expansions when building their battlefields?
Normally I wouldn't consider it, since it results in (significantly) longer games, but over at WotC's Dungeon Command forum someone posted an interesting variant that allows units to use magic circles to teleport to another magic circle. This variant might make using larger maps feasible and actually fun.

So far, my main incentive to buy extras of the tiles was to use them in the Adventure System games and in the RPG. I actually like them better than the Dungeon Tiles that are meant to be used for the RPG. I only wished there was a bit more variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Newuser!!!

Yeah. There are tons of D&D battle grids and tiles sets available. Some of WotC poster size battle grids are actually two maps per side, so they're not too huge. It's worth a shot.

The symbols used to denote special terrain are common to other D&D maps, but DC uses a simpler terrain system, so some conversion is required. But it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.