Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
565 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: An Logic Puzzle! - "Standard P11" - D4 - Game Over - Everyone is a Winner! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
A standard P11, low-complexity game of Werewolf!

Er.. at least it was a standard game. It's been over for quite some time, but the players now find themselves at the local tavern reminiscing about the original game.

VC: The players are all on the good team and must piece together the events of the original game. Events include player number, roles, lynches, nightkills and other orders that affected the game.

Each player will receive a memory (hint) at each dawn. During the day, players vote for someone who has had too much root beer to go home (cannot post anymore). This player must claim the player number and role for the given death, prior to going home. If they choose correctly, they win. If they choose incorrectly, they lose.

During the night, players can earn extra hints by submitting the appropriate views for the Seer/Sorc. Players will share all orders available. The nightkill will remove the player with the second highest votes during the day similarly to the Day rules.

If there is a third or fourth death due to brutal, the player with the third or fourth highest votes will need to claim a player number and role, prior to death.

Once the original story is complete, all remaining players win.

It's probable that the logic puzzle will end up being easy as I want to make sure it's solvable without guess-work. If you don't plan on playing and would like to run through the clues I come up with or collaborate on clues, shoot me a GM.

(Rules are borrowed from linguistfromhell.)
Good Roles:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the players nature (Wolf/Not Wolf). The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal when killed. The brutal kill is mandatory.

Martyr- Each night, may choose one player and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction. Notice that martyr does not work to stop lynches or the brutal retaliation ability.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves - Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0.
One of the wolves is brutal and must kill another player if killed.

Sorcerer - The sorcerer knows the identity of the werewolves and wins with them, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player to see if they are the seer or not. He gets a random negative N0 view.

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining, evil wins. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Brutal Rules:

The Brutal Kill is simultaneous to all other actions, i.e.: The Brutal Werewolf is lynched and targets the Brutal Hunter. If the Brutal Hunter's order is still on the Brutal Werewolf, there is no other death.
In the endgame scenario where there is: 1 Hunter, 1 Wolf, and 1 other non-wolf (Villager, Good special, Sorcerer), and the Hunter is killed and targets the wolf, the wolf will be killed, and good wins. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.

Lynch time is 5:00 PM BGG Time. Votes cast with the lynch time time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Martyr, and Sorcerer must all submit their night orders by Dawn. Dawn will be at 6:00 PM BGG time. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: An Logic Puzzle! - "Standard P11"
Player List According to Cassandra:
Accatitippi
britrock88
ChickenSedan
CrimsonFox
kendahlj
Kit Kat
Laladien
miraria
Phelanpt
tcrudisi
thatfedoraguy

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/9657...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched as Cassandra puzzled over me. "What are you doing here?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gimme some root beer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah B.
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logic games -- where deduction is a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already signed up on Cassandra and already won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rudisill
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Remeber BGG password."

This sounds interesting. I was waffling between signing up or asking to help mod, but I think this is a once-in-a-blue-moon type game, so I'll join.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
tcrudisi wrote:
"Remeber BGG password."

This sounds interesting. I was waffling between signing up or asking to help mod, but I think this is a once-in-a-blue-moon type game, so I'll join.
I like logic puzzles. If it goes over well, I may run more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you play this game again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kendahlj wrote:
Oh shit, we're screwed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
kendahlj wrote:
Oh shit, we're screwed.
And by that, I of course mean: welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
kendahlj wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a joke. I had a hard time trying to spell it out in the rules. I can/will try to make sure things are clear before it starts.

Basically: The original game is already complete and has a set death order (as well as other orders like views, protects, etc).

Players get hints to try to figure out what they remember. For example I might tell phel, that zd was lynched D1. He could share that with the forum so they have community information. (It won't be quite that easy.

Players vote for two players who will be removed from the game. On their way out, they have to claim the person, role that died at that time (D1.. N1.. etc) If they are right, they win the game. If they are wrong, they lose. The game continues either way and the other players get to sort the rest out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zd00 wrote:
kendahlj wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a joke. I had a hard time trying to spell it out in the rules. I can/will try to make sure things are clear before it starts.

Basically: The original game is already complete and has a set death order (as well as other orders like views, protects, etc).

Players get hints to try to figure out what they remember. For example I might tell phel, that zd was lynched D1. He could share that with the forum so they have community information. (It won't be quite that easy.

Players vote for two players who will be removed from the game. On their way out, they have to claim the person, role that died at that time (D1.. N1.. etc) If they are right, they win the game. If they are wrong, they lose. The game continues either way and the other players get to sort the rest out.

But will the thread know whether they were right or wrong?
And to clarify, this will be a sort of collaborative effort, or there will be traitors? Is it possible that everybody wins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Accatitippi wrote:
zd00 wrote:
kendahlj wrote:

But will the thread know whether they were right or wrong?
And to clarify, this will be a sort of collaborative effort, or there will be traitors? Is it possible that everybody wins?
Yup, it's a collaborative effort where everyone can win. When the person who is leaving the game claims their player number and role, I will say whether they are right or wrong. If they're wrong, I'll say what the correct answer was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know someone just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zd00 wrote:
It won't be quite that easy.

What do you mean? Are there other hidden rules? Will there be posting limitations? Do I ask too many questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Accatitippi wrote:
zd00 wrote:
It won't be quite that easy.

What do you mean? Are there other hidden rules? Will there be posting limitations? Do I ask too many questions?
No, I just mean I won't tell you the answer in one clue. The goal is that you have to use all clues to sort things out. I still think it'll be easy-ish. I don't want randomness to be involved at all, so the answer has to be somewhere. I don't see a need for post limitations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kendahlj wrote:

Oh no. I may need to sub out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to work this out using only my emotions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
This lynch time may be doable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:

Zed, will it be important to be around at lynch? Because I didn't realize that it was so late. I won't be able to be here every day. I can put in conditionals, or just make my guess the day after, swearing that I won't catch up with the thread before making it. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Accatitippi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

Zed, will it be important to be around at lynch? Because I didn't realize that it was so late. I won't be able to be here every day. I can put in conditionals, or just make my guess the day after, swearing that I won't catch up with the thread before making it. :/
In my opinion, no. The main thing is trying to sort out the puzzle. The votes are just there to choose who is and leaving the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah B.
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to find the keyboard shortcuts for logic symbols... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rudisill
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote no lynch]

Look ma, we all win! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.