Gilles Desaintcannat
France
Saint cannat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

performing surface gunnery attack and making a crash dive (when merchant is armed)

1) i guess crash dive is not mandatory...am i right ?

2) i guess if i make a crash dive ( succeded or not ), i must go for torpedo attack for this target and for the rest of targets when attacking convoy... And for this target when attacking loners...am i right ?

Thanks for your help

Gilles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antero Kuusi
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilloudelambesc wrote:
Hello all,
1) i guess crash dive is not mandatory...am i right ?

It is mandatory, a sub would not engage in a gunnery duel against an armed surface ship.

Quote:

2) i guess if i make a crash dive ( succeded or not ), i must go for torpedo attack for this target and for the rest of targets when attacking convoy... And for this target when attacking loners...am i right ?

Yes. Though you probably want to engage rest of the loners with torpedoes aftewards, anyway. You have already lost the advantage of gunnery (the modifier for RTB roll) and torpedoes have better sinking odds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

The crash-dive attempt is obligatory. If it's not succesfull you roll on the DEMS table and, if the sub is not sunk or RTB, your can either:
a) dive normally and attempt a torpedo attack drawing TDC's [14.14]
or
b) use your big guns (only Surcouf with her 2x8" and Type XI with their 4x5") to still try and sink the %^&^* Merchant

Also, in my (still unpublished) variant I am dropping the "less than 8t" surface gunnery rule for the said classes as I think the cruiser-sub skipper would not be initimidated by its prey's size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.