StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... This KS closed at $226K.

Having been through the Zombicide, Kingdom Death and Sedition Wars Kickstarters I am really surprised that there has been little to no comment on BGG regarding the miniatures (only three of some 20+ were shown to be in progress) or the game play's (at the risk of sounding alarmist) confirmed lack of ranged combat. I would have thought we would have seen extreme praise and/or condemnation of some kind.

True, we have only seen a small sampling of the rules but I am hoping the authors flesh them out throughly by December. Those of us backing the KS will also be tasked with proofing and play testing the rules... I am also interested in the campaign morphology as well.

The resounding silence on BGG leads me to believe that the KS backers were driven to collect more miniatures than to get a game with an innovative combat mechanic.

I too was enamored with what the miniatures can and hopefully will be and backed at a higher level than I anticipated. I am hoping the game play will be worth the investment... Otherwise I'll just have some pretty miniatures to use with my other well developed gladiatorial system.

Anyone else find it interesting that Native Americans are being introduced as a gladiator class? Props on that move!!!

Thoughts anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I *really* wanted to get in on this game...honestly.

However, between a LOT of money tied up in 3-4 other currently running KS projects, I just couldn't justify another ~$100.

The project, probably thanks to using resin sculpts, was just too expensive, imo, for what you got.
There were no freebie-stretch goals or real KS Exclusives that put me over the edge.

Outside of the one promo mini, I think I can get anything/everything I want/need after release.

If they had offered stretch goals to entice me to back it now, I just may have, as I am really excited about the combat and damage resolution. The "tree" looks like a nice, innovative feature.

I certainly will watch the progress and, upon release, very well may pick some stuff up. Depending on price, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
There definitely would have been more talk if the game had plastic figures and a more affordable price tag. The high cost of the resin figures put the game squarely into the hobbyist field. The rules look pretty good, but for gamers here on BGG like myself, the expense far outweighed gameplay. I put a hell of a lot of money into Kingdom Death, but for what you get, there looks to be a ton of great gameplay ahead.

Paying $16+ each for unpainted single figures doesn't make gamer's sense.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
Definitely a strange phenomenon, this lack of chatter, considering the success the project enjoyed. I'll bet if you take the $$ pledge divided by the no. of posts on BGG, AR will take top spot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What got me in was the quality of the sculpts.

What kept me in was the rules video.

They seem very robust and can be adapted to other style of warfare.

In time I may adapt them to use for my Infinity minis. The game is great but a little complex for me and my gaming buddies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What bothers me is that I sat on the fence for a long time... Went back and forth several times and then dove in BIG time at the end... They only had one finalized model and partial work for two others (that are very nice looking so far)... The troubling thing is that most of us (myself included) were sold pretty much on concept art. I hope the quality of the remaining figures is kept to the same high standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the price I am paying, it better be. whistle

However, I think they know they have to keep up the high quality. With competition and a market already filled with average looking models, producing average quality models at the price they are looking for will make them go belly up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.