Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
If you replace a building of the same size, I understand
you have to use 3 different influence cards.

What if you build a building that results in replacing two buildings of the same size, do you still just owe 3 influence cards or three for each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only have to pay 1 group of 3 matching influence cards.

My take is that you're paying the 3 matching cards so that you get the "privilege" of replacing as many same size buildings as you want. Of course, if you build another building in another area, you'll need to pay with another group of 3 matching cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question but I think the example in the rule book shows two buildings (of the same size) being replaced and only three influence cards being paid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Oesterreicher
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Does one have to pay the building cost in gold, in addition to the three matching influence cards?

For instance, if I was going to replace another player's Market with a Tavern, I would pay three gold.

We have only played once, and we interpreted the rules that way. My logic was: you dont need to the permits, as the building is already in place. However, you need to "buy" the property. But basically, we thought it was too cheap to be able to essentially swapa victory point with another player for the low cost of three matching influence cards.

Can anyone clarify this? Thanks and Happy Gaming!

HarryO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to meet the normal building criteria in addition to paying the extra influence for overbuilding - thus you need permits in place, gold for the building, and influence to knock an equal sized building down.

It's definitely not cheap.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo M. Corrêa
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
MG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
You need to meet the normal building criteria in addition to paying the extra influence for overbuilding - thus you need permits in place, gold for the building, and influence to knock an equal sized building down.

It's definitely not cheap.

-MMM

So you are saying That I need to have a majority of Permits value by The side of an opponent building in order to build My building on top of his?

Another question: May I build a larger building on top of smaller ones or just on top of The same size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.