Thumb up
 Hide
39 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: Wolf of the Week # 178 - Meet imilkman! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
If you can't pronounce the first syllable, just nix it.

Pittsburgh
msg tools
'Come, be my love in the wet woods; come, - Where the boughs rain when it blows.'
badge
'Oh, come forth into the storm and rout - And be my love in the rain.'
mbmbmb
I am proud to introduce the first wolf to ever fool me, before I was even in my first game. The nemesis w/ the mostest: imilkman!

Quote:

Hi, I'm Collin.

Thanks, Irina, for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself.

I was born in Kansas and stayed there til I was 19. When I was a kid we had this awesome comic shop in town. My mom would drop my younger brother and I off at the shop and we'd stay there for hours looking at books, playing games in the arcade, and watching people play all sorts of other games. Around the age of 14 I was introduced to Magic: The Gathering - it became my #1 hobby. Since I was in the shop so much playing Magic, I got to know the owners pretty well. When I was 16 they offered me a job, and it turned out to be the greatest job ever. While I worked there I played all sorts of card games. I also played various tabletop games and role playing games...and of course collected comics. I have fond memories of being with friends in the shop after hours and playing Axis and Allies til the wee hours of the morning.

At 19 I decided I wasn't ready for college (and I wanted to collect some experiences), so I joined the Air Force. I spent six years there doing some cool stuff, but I kinda set games aside. My last assignment was in Maryland, so when my time was up I stayed in Baltimore. I got married, found some work, and had some kids.

My main jobs right now are husband and dad (and villager). I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful wife, so I'm way outnumbered at home. To pay the bills I work as an analyst for a radio ratings company. Additionally, I kept some military ties by moonlighting in the Air National Guard.

I played my first game of WW here in 2009--a childhood friend that most of you know as greek2me introduced me to the site. I played a few games back then, but work and school got in the way, so I stopped. However, I recently finished my studies and jumped back in. Also, I'd been playing some Magic online and getting bored of it. I guess that leads me into...I'm really enjoying this gaming experience with all of you. Thanks! You people are fun, smart, and interesting. You're still bastards tho.

Oh, and if you ever want to catch a U.S. soccer game or play some tennis, I'm there.

My lie was that I dress up like Sponge Bob for Halloween. I think the show is funny, but the merchandise creeps me out. Sponge Bob should stay inside the TV!

Poll
Two of the following statements about milk are true. Which one is the lie?
I am terrified of clowns.
I once pierced my brother's ear with a fishing hook because I couldn't control my excitement.
My mother has claimed she was a werewolf for as long as I can remember.
      15 answers
Poll created by Irina_Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice imilk!

Questions!

What is your favorite dairy product?

If not Milk, What is your favorite Sean Penn movie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Milk!

What's your favorite role here?

Have you played outside of BGG? If so, what was your favorite role there?

If there was a role called "imilkman", what would it be like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle M.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Congrats milk!

Which side do you like playing for best? Good, evil, or neutral if in the role set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Yeah for soccer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why "imilk"? Were you ever an actual milkman?

And why do you always think I'm evil?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, sir!!

Great choice, Irina!!

So what is your favorite board game/video game/pizza topping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laladien wrote:
Congrats, sir!!

Great choice, Irina!!

Also, if you had to choose one thing for those 3 things at the same time, what would it be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Phelanpt wrote:
Laladien wrote:
Congrats, sir!!

Great choice, Irina!!

Also, if you had to choose one thing for those 3 things at the same time, what would it be?

That's what I thought the question was about...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
CrimsonFox wrote:
Nice imilk!

Questions!

Thanks, fox.

I'm a fan of yogurt and ice cream. Ice cream more, but when I'm on a health kick I'll reach for the yogurt.

Sean Penn? I'd say Mystic River. Coincidentally, Chris Penn was in my favorite movie.

For some reason I want to have a conversation about a movie I haven't seen in a while: Harold and Maude. Thoughts anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
Laladien wrote:
Congrats, sir!!

Great choice, Irina!!

Yeah, yeah... bad phrasing I guess lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Phelanpt wrote:
Congrats, Milk!

Thanks, Phel.

I like being a villager. Maybe it's because I'm not a very experienced WW player, but I think it gives me the most flexibility. I'm also pretty keen on the idea of hunting evil.

I've never played outside of BGG. What you see is what you get, and to be honest I'd probably suck even more IRL. I'm not very good at lying.

Lemme think about #3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Shadowatom wrote:
Congrats milk!

Which side do you like playing for best? Good, evil, or neutral if in the role set?

Thanks, shadow.

I like to tell people I'm a good guy. They mostly believe me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
ohgrande wrote:
Yeah for soccer!

I got into it right before the 2006 WC. I like rooting for my country more than a just a region or city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Kit Kat wrote:

imilkman = innocuousmilkman

It's from an old email address. Does the milkman still exist? If so, I'd say white isn't very practical. On that note, I'd deliver chocolate milk in a heartbeat.

Why are you evil? Awww, KK, I don't think you're always evil. It's only when you actually are evil that I think that. Are you evil?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imilkman wrote:
CrimsonFox wrote:
Nice imilk!

Questions!

Thanks, fox.

I'm a fan of yogurt and ice cream. Ice cream more, but when I'm on a health kick I'll reach for the yogurt.

Sean Penn? I'd say Mystic River. Coincidentally, Chris Penn was in my favorite movie.

For some reason I want to have a conversation about a movie I haven't seen in a while: Harold and Maude. Thoughts anyone?

Follow up questions:
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
What is your favorite flavor of yogurt?

When you go to Dairy Queen, what do you usually order?

I really hope your favorite Chris Penn movie is Reservoir Dogs and not Footloose

My favorite from Sean is Fast Times at Ridgemont High, but I like his cameo in Being John Malkovich as well.

Harold & Maude is an excellent excellent movie. I just watched it again last month. Bud Cort's eyes are just mesmerizing. So freaky! My favorite part of the movie is his slow burn at the end...and he goes from this smirk almost laughing to stillness to kicked in the gut to explosive rage "WHAT?!?!?"

And Cat Stevens stuff of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imilkman wrote:
Kit Kat wrote:

imilkman = innocuousmilkman

It's from an old email address. Does the milkman still exist? If so, I'd say white isn't very practical. On that note, I'd deliver chocolate milk in a heartbeat.

Why are you evil? Awww, KK, I don't think you're always evil. It's only when you actually are evil that I think that. Are you evil?

oh! So you aren't just a remote Apple dairy product?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
CrimsonFox wrote:
imilkman wrote:
CrimsonFox wrote:
Nice imilk!

Questions!

Thanks, fox.

Follow up questions:

I really hope your favorite Chris Penn movie is Reservoir Dogs and not Footloose

My favorite from Sean is Fast Times at Ridgemont High, but I like his cameo in Being John Malkovich as well.

Harold & Maude is an excellent excellent movie. I just watched it again last month. Bud Cort's eyes are just mesmerizing. So freaky! My favorite part of the movie is his slow burn at the end...and he goes from this smirk almost laughing to stillness to kicked in the gut to explosive rage "WHAT?!?!?"

And Cat Stevens Yusef Islam stuff of course.

No joke, I wanted to check out a Cat Stevens album from the library and it was in the "I" section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Laladien wrote:
Congrats, sir!!

Great choice, Irina!!

Thanks, Lala.

Board Game - Axis and Allies I guess. I like to play Ticket to Ride with the fam if they indulge me.

Video Game - Halo. This is more because of the experience. When I was in the AF I rented a house with some buddies. We played Halo all of the time just to talk trash.

Topping - if I could only choose one it would be swine. Sweet, sweet, swine. I'll eat just about any type of pizza tho. I once ate one with salmon roe as a topping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
ChickenSedan wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
Laladien wrote:
Congrats, sir!!

Great choice, Irina!!

Checkers. It's on theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Respect
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Prince Wiggin!
It was fun having you in the April Fools game. Hope to play a game with you at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If you can't pronounce the first syllable, just nix it.

Pittsburgh
msg tools
'Come, be my love in the wet woods; come, - Where the boughs rain when it blows.'
badge
'Oh, come forth into the storm and rout - And be my love in the rain.'
mbmbmb
milk!!

I am surprised by the meaning of imilk, as well. But it fits w/ the crypticness.

QUESTIONS!

Do you have a favorite ww MOMENT?

What is the most frustrating thing about ww?

What is the most exciting thing?

Do you have a favorite BGGWW LOL?

What id you want to be when you grew up when you were 5?

When is the last time you were upside down?

What moment in history would you visit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
imilkman wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
Congrats, Milk!

Thanks, Phel.

I like being a villager. Maybe it's because I'm not a very experienced WW player, but I think it gives me the most flexibility. I'm also pretty keen on the idea of hunting evil.

I've never played outside of BGG. What you see is what you get, and to be honest I'd probably suck even more IRL. I'm not very good at lying.

Lemme think about #3.

K, so I think my role would be a take on Bran Stark. This role would be tough to one NK and have a latent clairvoyant ability (once-per-game seer view). Yeah, I'm pretty cheesy and want everything...maybe I should have played in the Everyone's Special game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
CrimsonFox wrote:
imilkman wrote:
CrimsonFox wrote:
Nice imilk!

Questions!

Thanks, fox.

Follow up questions:

And Cat Stevens stuff of course.

Cho-co-late! And PB makes it even better. My mom always ordered this at DQ:

I guess my ice cream preference is inherited.

I like drinkable yogurt, and I usually pick strawberry. Probiotics, baby.

Reservoir Dogs - Awesome. Footloose - Good. True Romance - Home Run.

I remember being mesmerized by Harold and Maude when I was a kid. Dark, funny, impactful. I think I need to go back and watch some of Hal Ashby's other stuff.

I put this post in the wrong place, so I don't know if you saw it. This is as good a place as any to ask again.

imilkman wrote:
Big congrats, Gomez. I think you're awesome.

Firstly, it looks like I missed fox's feature. fox, I'm sorry. I think you know what that is for. Question: is there something specific you'd like to direct, or a part in particular you'd like to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
hibou wrote:
Congrats Prince Wiggin!
It was fun having you in the April Fools game. Hope to play a game with you at some point.

Thanks, hibou.

Yeah, I guess I got my wish that game - the only villager in a village of seers and wolves.

See you on the battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.