tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You exhaust them in order to commit them to quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
Yes. You exhaust them in order to commit them to quest.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Vit
Czech Republic
Zabcice
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't know what was the purpose of the question and maybe it really was sufficiently and correctly answered.

But I do not think the answer is that simple. As there are for example treacheries that specifically target either exhausted characters or characters committed to a quest, which is not the same (e.g. you can have a character that's committed to quest, but is ready due to some effect - e.g. Aragorn or using Unexpected courage).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can indeed ready your characters after committing them. Or not exhaust them at all (using Path of Need, or having a Noldor character with Light of Valinor attached). But those are specific effects - normally you exhaust to commit to quest.

Regarding the treacheries targeting either exhausted or committed characters, I guess it is in order to make the game harder. Otherwise one could just (ab)use some readying effects to effectively neuter one kind of treacheries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shaddy wrote:
Well, I don't know what was the purpose of the question and maybe it really was sufficiently and correctly answered.

But I do not think the answer is that simple. As there are for example treacheries that specifically target either exhausted characters or characters committed to a quest, which is not the same (e.g. you can have a character that's committed to quest, but is ready due to some effect - e.g. Aragorn or using Unexpected courage).

Any situation in the game comes with the caveat, "barring card text." Cards can always change the situation.

Barring card text, a character is exhausted by questing, defending or attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So when a treachery card revealed and says each exhauster characters take 1 damage. So I should apply the damage on characters who are committing to quest, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you have readied them after committing, or not exhausted at all (both due to special card effects), then yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
So when a treachery card revealed and says each exhauster characters take 1 damage. So I should apply the damage on characters who are committing to quest, right?

And any other characters that may have been exhausted previously. Just do what the card says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.