Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Robinson
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a FM vs Beastmaster recently and of course had a blast. However, a few questions arose from Charm.

1. "Cannot attack controller" means cannot attack any of the creatures under players control correct?

2. If I charm a creature they can still guard though? This forces me as the forcemaster to attack it instead of the Mage. Kind of makes charm useless or at least not vey valuable since I have to attack it thus losing the charm enchantment as soon as I played it. Thoughts on this?

FM obliterated the Beastmaster. The highlight was group sleep against all of his wolves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Cannot attack controller means that you can't attack the mage. You can still attack their creatures.

2. A charmed creature can still guard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
timmontana wrote:
Played a FM vs Beastmaster recently and of course had a blast. However, a few questions arose from Charm.

1. "Cannot attack controller" means cannot attack any of the creatures under players control correct?

2. If I charm a creature they can still guard though? This forces me as the forcemaster to attack it instead of the Mage. Kind of makes charm useless or at least not vey valuable since I have to attack it thus losing the charm enchantment as soon as I played it. Thoughts on this?

FM obliterated the Beastmaster. The highlight was group sleep against all of his wolves.

There are a few ways around attacking a charmed creature that come to mind.
1) use an elusive enchantment 2) attack with ranged weapon

Im sure there are others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S
Canada
flag msg tools
sdougla2 wrote:
1. Cannot attack controller means that you can't attack the mage. You can still attack their creatures.

2. A charmed creature can still guard.

I don't have confidence that this is the correct interpretation. The rules imply the controller is the player (not the mage) which would mean that the charmed creature cannot make any hostile actions against the player who cast the charm:

Controller
Each spell or object in the game is controlled by the player
who cast it. The controller may use and act with that object,
and makes all decisions and choices for that spell or any
abilities that object may have.
(From the Mage Wars Codex, page 1)

I agree that guarding is an effective strategy while charmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.