Subject: Does the basic treasure deck contain items for trickster/skald? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the basic treasure deck contain items for trickster/skald?
Or is treasure deck expansion necessary to run them properly?
It would be for example pity for trickster player to have less to play with than other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/MYTH_FAQ#toc15

First Q/A down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant remember where I saw it, but I believe Mercs is adding to / adjusting the base game deck for the Trickster and Skald.

Edit: ninja
And I stand corrected. Same in the end though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markguy wrote:

Thanks, that is nice, I should noticed it myself.
I wonder how much cards it is actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't seen a response, but we should be able to make some assumptions. The core box treasure deck has 120 cards. That's for five hero classes. So, at most, 24 cards per class. Brian has said (although I can't find it, so it maybe shouldn't count!) there are some generic items to be had. I can't find mention of a deck that has less than 10 cards in it, so somewhere between 10-24 for each is what I'm running with.

Which is, as always, wildly unofficial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markguy wrote:
I haven't seen a response, but we should be able to make some assumptions. The core box treasure deck has 120 cards. That's for five hero classes. So, at most, 24 cards per class. Brian has said (although I can't find it, so it maybe shouldn't count!) there are some generic items to be had. I can't find mention of a deck that has less than 10 cards in it, so somewhere between 10-24 for each is what I'm running with.

Which is, as always, wildly unofficial.

Id guess 5-12 unique cards per class in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
Neither the Skald nor the Trickster are part of the base game....so why would equipment that is specific to either of them be included in the base game? That wouldn't make any sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thetang22 wrote:
Neither the Skald nor the Trickster are part of the base game....so why would equipment that is specific to either of them be included in the base game? That wouldn't make any sense.

Well, strictly speaking you are right.

Q: I assume that the base game treasure deck will not come with gear for the Trickster and Skald. So are we getting extra item cards when the Trickster unlocks/if we buy the Skald?
A: That would be correct.

(Brian, Kickstarter)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thetang22 wrote:

the hero-specific items for the Skald and Trickster are included with them (not in the base game). but it's just a few (I think less than five),.... I'd imagine that the hero specific items are not that many in the base game,... as you have gold treasures, healing potions, armor, accessories, helms, etc.

They also said that the treasure expansion deck includes extra hero specific items for all of the base game heros AND the Skald and Trickster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
Now the question is whether Spriggan gear is already in the expansion treasure deck. I'd assume yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thrawn007 wrote:
Now the question is whether Spriggan gear is already in the expansion treasure deck. I'd assume yes.

Or it just comes with it's own. As it's essentially a Druid miniature that is planned for a future expansion then we will likely get the treasure for that character in the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.