Subject: French rules vs. english translation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
FRIGOLA DARDER ALBERTO
Spain
BARCELONA
BARCELONA
flag msg tools
There is some discrepance between french rules and english rules about the use of some terrain features in the map, because 3 scenarios use the same map. English rules say that in Tolbiac scenario some terrain features are not used, but says nothing about Soissons and Vouillé. I assume french rules are correct, but I would like somebody answer me. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R K
Canada
Amherst
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, I just got Les Rois Francs and Furor Barbarus and after taking a look at both the French rules and the English rules I would say that there are some sections of the English version that are unclear just because of grammar oddities in the translation, but looking specifically at the scenario setups I see that only scenarios 1 and 2 are missing terrain instructions. For scenario 2 I can't see it being a big deal because it seems to be just establishing a southern edge to the board and most the setup and action should be happening well above that, but for scenario 1 it would seem to make a real difference with units setting up on the road in question.

For now I think I will use the French instructions and hopefully they can update the English rulebook, as its an electronic format anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.