Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm back again, this time with my first Anarch Deck. I've never played an Anarch, but after reviewing the cards, I believe this faction may not be the most competitive, but looks like it has the best chances of screwing the corp player to the point of insanity. devil

After playing games against a few people, including last weeks 109 NBN Deck, people are a big fan of extra hand size, at least in my local meta. So, taking a peek at Public Sympathy, I figured that Stimhack, a previous no-no card for me, was now a wonderful card to play. As long as it's not the only card in my hand, I can play it without having to worry about hand size below 5. I'm considering having Wyldside in this deck as well, as I might end up with a much larger hand size.

Another nice little combo is 3x Rabbit Hole and 3x Underworld Contact. Having 3 Credits at the start of a turn is a fantastic economy combo, plus the bonus link to fighting traces would make this an even more High-Risk, High Reward deck.

I really like the the consoles from the other factions, but didn't want to spend the Influence on it, so I stuck with Grimoire. Spinal Modem is another good console, just not the right fit for this deck. The +2 Mem is essential for this, considering the amount of programs I'm running. Djinn is a must, and I'm considering having 3x copies instead of 2x, just to help even the odds of getting one in the early game.

This is where I spent a majority of my Influence points on. I seem to be sticking with the same icebreakers (Corroder, Ninja, Gordian Blade) throughout all of my Runner decks. I added Crypsis into the deck, just in case, but I'm having second thoughts. I like Morning Star and Force of Nature, but they don't seem to get a lot of love. I've added 3x Ice Carver to help reduce the cost of running, which is making me second guess the chosen Icebreakers. Having Morning Star and Force of Nature would really clear the Influence costs for me. I'm still debating with that one.

I LOVE Liberated Account. It's Armitage Codebusting on steroids. Having 3x of those, along with 3x Sure Gamble, I'm thinking I don't need 3x Armitage Codebusting as well, due to the fact that I have 3x Deja Vu. But when it comes to credits, the life-blood of this game, I don't want to be without.

Thoughts/feedback/advice/criticism would be appreciated.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core)

Total Cards: (48)

Event: (12)
Deja Vu (Core) x3
Stimhack (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Infiltration (Core) x3

Hardware: (5)
Grimoire (Core) x2
Rabbit Hole (Core) x3 ■

Program: (16)
Corroder (Core) x2
Djinn (Core) x2
Datasucker (Core) x2
Medium (Core) x2
Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus) x2
Gordian Blade (Core) x2 ■■■
Ninja (Core) x2 ■■
Crypsis (Core) x2

Resource: (15)
Liberated Account (Trace Amount) x3
Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus) x3
Underworld Contact (A Study in Static) x3
Ice Carver (Core) x3
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 48
Criminal: 4
Shaper: 9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gunkel
msg tools
mb
Why Noise instead of Wizzard?

In this deck you are not playing a lot of Virus programs (8 total) and thus will probably only mill 4-6 cards (unless you use Deja Vu aggressively). Wizzard on the other hand would threaten Cards with a trash cost more.

2xNerve Agent + 2xMedium seems a bit unfocussed.

The deck runs a lot of economy and basically a big rig. Both reduce the number of Virus programs you can include and the ones that are completely absent are Parasite and IMP - I think these two are almost must haves in an Anarch deck - both Noise and Wizzard.

If you are setting up a big rig, why not pick Cyberfeeders? They pay back quickly when you use your breakers and install virus progs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I also run a anarch Deck with Noise and i find it hard to balance out. Noise is a very agressive player but i can become stuck if the corp starts to ice-up from the first turn of the game. I've played a dozen of games with my deck and i find it hard because it seems that you'll always need the right draw to optimize your strategy. In other words, if the right cards don't show up soon enough you'll be crushed by the corp.
It's a very expensive deck to run in terms of MU, so you'll need "Grimoire" as soon as possible and a couple or even three copies of "Dyson Mem Chip" will also be required to run all programs that play well alongside Noise.
"Djinn" is a mandatory card in this deck and it will mess up your plans if you don't get one sooon enough. Playing Noise with Grimoire will give you tremendous boost in playing virus cards, so "Parasite" is also a great card to have (i always run two in my deck). It's a fun deck to play, but hard one to optimize, so i think that i'll give a try to a shaper one

This is my deck:
Noise of Anarchy 1.3 (45 cards)
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Resource (9)
3 Armitage Codebusting
3 Compromised Employee
1 Ice Carver
1 Public Sympathy
1 Wyldside

Icebreaker (5)
1 Corroder
2 Crypsis
1 Femme Fatale
1 Gordian Blade

Hardware (7)
3 Cyberfeeder
3 Dyson Mem Chip
1 Grimoire

Program (14)
2 Datasucker
2 Djinn
2 Imp
2 Magnum Opus
2 Medium
2 Nerve Agent
2 Parasite

Event (10)
2 Deja Vu
3 Infiltration
2 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the late replies. Thank you for the feedback. I will be reviewing/tweaking the deck tonight, and testing it tomorrow at my FLGS. I will add the the tweaked version tonight (hopefully) and will have my results back by Tuesday.

Edit: I will test this deck first, and tweak it later, just to see what I can do with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty, back from the first test run on the Anarch Deck, Noise Induced Insanity. Sadly, the deck needs some major tweaking. I'll give my thoughts on it, then attempt to tweak it.

So, first and foremost, I have been GRAVELY underestimating the power of Crypsis. I'm even considering running nothing but Crypsis and Cyberfeeders, thanks to susuexp's advice. He is pricy, and his strength sucks, but reducing the strength of Ice is Noise's specialty, so I might even consider using Wyrm. Thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated.

Now, on to Nerve Agent. On my second game, I managed to get 4 counters on Nerve Agent really early. So, I would be accessing 4 cards on HQ for each successful run, one for the run, and three for the counters. I was feeling good about the deck, until something was brought to my attention.

When accessing cards from HQ, I was told that I have to access one at a time, so it went down like this...

Pick a card, it's Ice. Corp player shuffles his hand.

TABLE FLIPPING MADNESS!

Is this correct? Should I only access one card at a time, or can I snag four? The reasoning behind it is because what happens if you hit two Agendas and two Snares off of HQ. If the first is true, Nerve Agent just dropped about 4 points on my useful scale.

Alright, onward from there.

I realize that I DO need more Virus programs to make use of Noises ability more effective. So, three Parasites will go in, and three copies of Surge. (SUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....I was told this is mandatory ) I'm also considering using Imp's to fix my HQ problem, assuming the above statement is true.

I realized that Ice Carver is Unique, so I took those out in lieu of the three Data Suckers that I would be running. Also, I removed the Armitage Codebusting, since I would probably use Deja Vu on Liberated Account if push comes to shove. I'm also going to keep to the Stimhack/Public Sympathy and Rabbit Hole/Underworld Contact combos, as was the original ideas of this deck.

One problem that I'm having, is that I haven't used much Influence, so I know that I have a lot of room to add stuff that could replace other cards (like Satellite Uplink for Infiltration.) So, I've splashed in three copies of Inside Job, one of my favorite cards in Android: Netrunner. I also removed the three copies of Infiltration, just to get the card total at 45 for consistency reasons.

So, here is my updated Anarch Deck.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (15)
Deja Vu (Core) x3
Stimhack (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Surge (Humanity's Shadow) x3
Inside Job (Core) x3 ■■■

Hardware: (8)
Grimoire (Core) x2
Rabbit Hole (Core) x3 ■
Cyberfeeder (Core) x3

Program: (13)
Djinn (Core) x2
Datasucker (Core) x3
Medium (Core) x2
Crypsis (Core) x3
Parasite (Core) x3

Resource: (9)
Liberated Account (Trace Amount) x3
Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus) x3
Underworld Contact (A Study in Static) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 44
Criminal: 9
Shaper: 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Olver
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm NO.

Pick a card, it's Ice. Corp player holds out his remaining FOUR cards.
Pick a card, it's Ice. Corp player holds out his remaining THREE cards.
Pick a card, it's Ice. Corp player holds out his remaining TWO Cards.
Pick a card, it's Ice.
Cards you didn't trash/score go back to his hand.
Note decide to trash or not as you access them. That's what's meant by one at a time.

Two snare's you go boom, IF you didn't get enough agenda points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.