Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Baldwin
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this in the local $2 shop and thought that it might be worth a go. For that price it was OK but it is a bit of a dice fest really. My first impression was that it had a well designed box with the little boats and bouys fitting neatly into a compartment hidden under the board itself and the rules seemed simple enough. They were mainly related to who had right of way on the seas and made me think that there would be a strong tactical element.

On playing it it turned into a bit of a game of chance. You roll one dice and if it is high you're off but a couple of low rolls can really mess you up. I played it twice, once over a long course where these things evened out and the lead switched a couple of times and once on the shortest course we could make and then after one boat rolling 5 and 6 and the other 1 and 1 I almost got lapped! The tactical element never really came into play for us as out boats were always too far apart or couldn't force a penalty when they were close enough.

I think the game might be a good way to introduce kids to the sport but I can't see that it will get much play from me as there are better dice fests out there however I would like to hear a review from someone who does do match racing to tell me if for such a player it is a better experience.

Summary: You'd have to be into sailing or games of luck really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.