Zombicide» Forums » Variants

Subject: First attempt at custom Zombicide tiles *The Motel* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Olson
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
I decided to put in a little time creating some extra tiles for Zombicide to make some custom scenarios. This is a three piece small motel, I tried to match the style as best I could, comments and sugestions are very welcome. ( I will probably start on a hospital, bank, police/jail, or docks next)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that yard one long room? So the fire axe can be used in a yard that is three times the length on a street zone?

Can the wall limiting the yard be scaled or fired through or is it like an ordinary indoors wall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Olson
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
My intention was that the courtyard is divided into sections where the pillars are and that it is a solid brick wall, this was to make it a bit more challanging going down to the last room and then having to fight your way back out. I also put the small pool house in to possibly place an objective near the pool. The only way in or out is the small road near the office.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would separate the yard in two, and the grey part of the pool, too.
Those points away, i really like it. Hotel tiles are a great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:
I would separate the yard in two, and the grey part of the pool, too.
Those points away, i really like it. Hotel tiles are a great idea!

Isn't the courtyard in 3 sections and the pool area in 4 quadrants? That would be my understanding. I'm in the process of printing this up to give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Olson
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
i guess in my next one i will have to clarify the zones a little better, my fault. But the idea was that the posts were the markers so indeed the pool would be 4 and the courtyard three. I appreciate any feedback or ideas for future tiles and would love to know how it plays if anyone gives it a try. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conorboy wrote:
I decided to put in a little time creating some extra tiles for Zombicide to make some custom scenarios. This is a three piece small motel, I tried to match the style as best I could, comments and sugestions are very welcome. ( I will probably start on a hospital, bank, police/jail, or docks next)

In my scenario (12 tiles) for the motel, the heroes are racing to rescue their friend, who is barricade in the bathroom of the room at the very end. Her injured friend has turned and is in the room preventing her from unlocking the metal door to the motel room from the inside. Luckily she had a working cell phone. She has asked the heroes to get the master key from the office. Unfortunately, when they break down the wood door to the office, it awakens zombies in the office, in the pool area and in the other motel rooms (all doors open), which is 14 spawns!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Olson
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Great play idea i will be trying that scenario out. I am also starting on a police station that will be four tiles with roads on all sides so that it could be placed in the center of the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it too late to put a decorative pattern on the floor of the areas presenting some confusion - tiled inlay or some such?

Otherwise great work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Olson
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
If you mean do something to better seperate the courtyard and pool into zones then I can easily come up with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Winters
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work! Looking forward to seeing more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.