9 Posts

Relic» Forums » General

Subject: Relic as a 2 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kieran 0
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I am considering getting Relic. My query is how well it stands up as a 2 player game. I do most of my gaming with my wife, and therefore edge towards buying games that give a decent 2 player experience.

I have never played talisman before, so that will have no meaning to me as a reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played several two-player games with my adult son. Seems to work just fine.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it works great as a two-player game. The turns are quick enough to allow for little down-time. Go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it works great 2 player. I've played about 12 games that way, and enjoyed them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played 2 player games in about an hour. They were tons of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben m
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What they ^ all said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bradley
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Scotland
flag msg tools
Relic has very little player interaction. You are more or less both independently building your characters. You can attempt to win the game as soon as you think you are strong enough.

In that sense, any number of players is totally fine.

In fact 2 players can be a sweet spot for this kind of game because your turn comes around again so quickly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's perfect for two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran 0
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I thought I should reply to my own thread. I have now played the game two player with my wife 6 or 7 times and we have really enjoyed it. As someone else mentioned 2 might be the sweet spot, you are able to keep the race element, but don't have to wait too long for your next turn. (this is not agame where you need time between turns to strategies!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.