Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
70 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Coup Kickstarter (Canberra 12 pack?!)... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Up until they posted a 12-pack offer, shipped for USD180, I had other plans. Now...that 12-pack works out to AUD15 per copy, with all the extras included. Like the one we did for FlowerFall (ref Flowerfall Kickstarter (Canberra spares...)), I reckon that as long as we get somewhere near 12 takers, I can use any extras for presents/giveaways.

So: who would like to be in on one (or more!) copies of The Resistance: Coup, at about AUD15 per copy?

EDIT: since I didn't make it clear, this deal is for people who can pick up their goody-pack in Canberra. That might mean me dropping it by your home/work, you picking it up from me at home/work, or delivery to/pickup from a local gathering (Gungahlin Library meet, etc.). But posting copies around the country isn't included in the offer

Kickstarter link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/coup-bluff-an...

Regards,

David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
Count me in for one, please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put me down for one please
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I already pledged for $29 before they offered the 12 packs. Happy to change my pledge to the 12 pack (or 6 pack if we don't get enough takers) or presumably I can cancel my pledge if you've already pledged too. Either way, count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Vincent
Australia
Bulleen
Victoria
flag msg tools
Hey there, I'm from Melbourne, but if that isn't a problem put me down for one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An0nx wrote:
Hey there, I'm from Melbourne, but if that isn't a problem put me down for one!

As long as you can collect it from Canberra...!! whistle

Might be better to join in on a local Melbourne group buy. If it needs to be posted to you, then the saving of a group buy over a single purchase starts to evaporate pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Vang
Australia
Franklin
ACT
flag msg tools
No. Seriously. I mean it this time. I'm one of the good guys. Really!
badge
Inconceivable!
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah! I was on the verge of making the same offer! So I'm definitely in, thanks - and I'm happy to pay $19 for one of a 6 pack if we can't get 12 people. Either way its better than $29!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
In for a $15 copy.

I am right in thinking this is a stand-alone game not an expansion to The Resistance, aren't I?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Vang
Australia
Franklin
ACT
flag msg tools
No. Seriously. I mean it this time. I'm one of the good guys. Really!
badge
Inconceivable!
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
In for a $15 copy.

I am right in thinking this is a stand-alone game not an expansion to The Resistance, aren't I?

Yes. Completely separate game; just set in the same universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
TorbenVang wrote:
muzfish4 wrote:
In for a $15 copy.

Excellent, thanks.

In for this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
TorbenVang wrote:

More like: has a similar title for marketing purposes because it should appeal to the same crowd. The Resistance theming is totally pasted-on.

I'll bring my copy of the (medieval-themed) first edition to Gungahlin Library on Saturday if anyone wants to give it a go before pledging.
Edit: Ooops, sorry, something has come up and I won't be able to make it. Hope no-one was counting on this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ret rorse
Australia
Yass
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sounds good, I'm down for one too please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, we're a go. I've made the USD140 (+USD40 shipping) pledge.

Pledge stands at USD287. This is made up of USD123 (10-pack of Coup) plus USD37 (shipping) plus USD75 (five extra Coup @ USD15 each) plus USD20 (one copy of The Resistance: Avalon) plus USD32 (eight 80-packs of sleeves @ USD4 each).

Current list of participants is:

2 - David Low (dlow) PLUS full-pack of sleeves
1 - Sam (srand) PLUS half-pack of sleeves
1 - Dave Binny (Lebut) PLUS full-pack of sleeves
1 - Mrs Smith (Tegs) PLUS half-pack of sleeves
1 - Torben Vang (TorbenVang) PLUS half-pack of sleeves
1 - Muz Fish (muzfish4) PLUS half-pack of sleeves
1 - Ret rorse (retrorse) PLUS half-pack of sleeves
1 - Michael Norrish (michaeln) PLUS half-pack of sleeves
1 - Michael nut (brumbynut) PLUS half-pack of sleeves
1 - Geoffrey Squire (squire) PLUS half-pack of sleeves
1 - Paul Bradley (batcut) PLUS half-pack of sleeves
1 - Tom Mc (mctom) PLUS half-pack of sleeves
1 - Peter McAndrew (sumbloke) PLUS half-pack of sleeves
1 - David Shaw (Procrustes) PLUS The Resistance: Avalon PLUS half-pack of sleeves

If we get more takers, I'll update this list (and reduce the number that I'm "stuck with" whistle); if anyone wants to drop out, no stress, just let me know!

Once my card is charged, I'll confirm the figures; but it's going to be some tens of cents around AUD15, in all likelihood.

Expected delivery is October. Once they turn up, we'll work out the distribution details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Norrish
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm certainly on for this too. Thanks for the opportunity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Vincent
Australia
Bulleen
Victoria
flag msg tools
No problem David, I read your other post a bit closer. Count me out haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick, another game to fill the cupboard and sit on my list of games I want to play... I'm in!shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in for one please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in, thanks David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Mc
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
ManualGamer.com
badge
Bloodshed and violence and savagery were the natural elements of the life Conan knew
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are any spots left, I'll grab one. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you've just killed Christmas. What am I going to use for presents now, eh?! devil

Seriously, though, all twelve of that pack are now spoken for (assuming the two "pendings" are good for a local pickup).

If there are any more locals interested, speak up: I'll keep a list of "seconds" going, in case there are dropouts, or if there is enough interest to make another pack (either a 6 or a 12) - but someone else will probably need to administer that, if it happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've just opened up the possibility of adding individual copies to the multi-pack, at USD15 each. Hence, if you want in - or if you're already in, and want more than one - just say so, and I'll add you to the list. Christmas is saved!

There are also add-ons that let you include The Resistance or The Resistance: Avalon for USD20 each, or the Excalibur/Lancelot promos for USD6 (although you can get those promos from the BGG Shop yourself, for the same price). If anyone is interested in that, it's no stress to add them in.

Regards,

David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter McAndrew
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll get one if any spots open up

Edit: Should have refreshed the thread before posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: they've cancelled the 12-pack at the direction of Kickstarter management, as it apparantly contravenes a rule about "no packs greater than 10".

There is now a 10-pack, which ends up at USD160 including shipping. I intend re-pledging at this level. Note that this increases the cost to each of us, to around AUD16 each (rather than AUD15 as before).

I have asked for confirmation about add-ons, which are still listed as possible, with the costs as I noted a couple of posts earlier: in particular, extra copies of Coup at USD15 each. If this is still OK - effectively re-creating what we had before, just at a slightly higher price point - everything here is seamless, although we'll all be up for about a dollar more that before. If it turns out to NOT be OK...well, deal with that if it happens.

I'm going to assume that everyone is OK with the higher price. To keep the thread "clean", no need to re-confirm if you are OK with it! Just let me know if you'd like to be taken OFF the list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:

There are also add-ons that let you include The Resistance...for USD20...If anyone is interested in that, it's no stress to add them in.

As it happens I absolutely do want a copy of The Resistance! If your offer still stands please put me down for one.

Thanks for organising Dave.

Regards,
(another) Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another add-on has been announced, that may be of interest to some.

Mayday "Premium" clear sleeves (125 micron thickness), in the appropriate size for this edition of Coup (65mm x 100mm), for USD3.99 per pack of 80. Coup itself, including the promos, has 30 cards, so I guess one possibility is that people might want half a pack.

If you're interested, speak up, and say if you want half a pack or a whole pack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.