Popular Tags: [View All]
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone else know that bananas are some of the healthiest fruit to eat?

Bananas have more vitamins and nutrients than many other fruits (Apples? Pfft) Eatin just two (TWO!) bananas will give you enough energy to work out for an hour and a half! Take that, PowerBAR! Your powers are useless here!

They also increase blood flow to the brain, and provide an energy boost without the crash of sugar or caffeine! Full of Iron, bananas help to keep your blood strong!

Bananas help keep you regular, and they contain a chemical called "tryptophan" and the vitamin B6, which help the mind relax so you feel happier! They also help to keep you regular!

Feeling down after a hard night partying? Don't eat greasy food, eat a BANANA! Trying to quit smoking? Eat BANANAS!

But, their benefits don't stop there! NO! Got some pesky bug bites that are itchy? Rub the inside of a banana peel on it! They can also be used to help treat warts! Then, use that peel as fertilizer for healthy, green plants!

So, eat a Banana TODAY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
jageroxorz wrote:
Did anyone else know that bananas are some of the healthiest fruit to eat?

Bananas have more vitamins and nutrients than many other fruits (Apples? Pfft) Eatin just two (TWO!) bananas will give you enough energy to work out for an hour and a half! Take that, PowerBAR! Your powers are useless here!

They also increase blood flow to the brain, and provide an energy boost without the crash of sugar or caffeine! Full of Iron, bananas help to keep your blood strong!

Bananas help keep you regular, and they contain a chemical called "tryptophan" and the vitamin B6, which help the mind relax so you feel happier! They also help to keep you regular!

Feeling down after a hard night partying? Don't eat greasy food, eat a BANANA! Trying to quit smoking? Eat BANANAS!

But, their benefits don't stop there! NO! Got some pesky bug bites that are itchy? Rub the inside of a banana peel on it! They can also be used to help treat warts! Then, use that peel as fertilizer for healthy, green plants!

So, eat a Banana TODAY!

Brilliant! Funnily enough, I am chomping on a banana while reading this.

I am not a huge fruit fan, except for bananas and kiwis. Have you got a similar story about kiwis? It would help me feel better about myself neglecting all other fruits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually thought the amount of calories from sugar in bananas made them not that great. But it's good to know, since I've been having banana/blueberry/kale smoothies, and I considered bananas the nutritional weak link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are corret, Sigafoos, in that bananas contain more sugar and carbohydrates than other fruits. This is why they are the fruit-of-choice among athletes. In fact, studies have shown that athletes get the same benefit from Bananas that they do from Sports Drinks, with many ADDED BENEFITS!

One of the reason bananas pack more carbs-per-bites than other fruits is that they contain less water. However, their large amounts of potassium actually help to reduce blood pressure, support blood maintance, and act as a diatretic that alleviates water retention and bloating!

If you're still worried about carbohydrates, remember that a small banana only contains 100 calories, which is not much more than a medium apple, with many more benfits!

And, let's not forget our friend the Kiwi! Kiwi are also high in potassium, and also are rich in vitamin C and lutein, a cartoneid that can help reduce the risk of heart disease. A kiwi is a great way to gain a quick bout of energy! Just, don't forget to eat the skin! It is edible and packed with nutrients!

In fact, nobody should be drinking energy drinks. A banana or a kiwi are loads better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
jageroxorz wrote:
Just, don't forget to eat the skin! It is edible and packed with nutrients!

Wait, what? You're supposed to eat the skin? Like raw and hairy and stuff? Ewwwww! gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that a Natalie Dee drawing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:

I don't know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:

I don't know

Tineye says yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:

TinEye says yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:

I don't know

Tineye says yes

DAMMIT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought so. She's a friend of my wife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
BlackSheep wrote:

She is?!?! surprise Please tell her she's awesome and that I want to marry her and have her babies! In a non-creepy, non-stalkerish way, obviously. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:

She is?!?! surprise Please tell her she's awesome and that I want to marry her and have her babies! In a non-creepy, non-stalkerish way, obviously. kiss

Yes, it is by far the best banana picture I found

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
jageroxorz wrote:
davidenkinderen wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:

Yes, it is by far the best banana picture I found

Mr. Peanut Butter Jelly Time does not agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
What—no mention of potassium? Bananas are chock full of potassium to help keep your blood pressure low!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
However, their large amounts of potassium actually help to reduce blood pressure, support blood maintance, and act as a diatretic that alleviates water retention and bloating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
You are corret, Sigafoos, in that bananas contain more sugar and carbohydrates than other fruits. This is why they are the fruit-of-choice among athletes. In fact, studies have shown that athletes get the same benefit from Bananas that they do from Sports Drinks, with many ADDED BENEFITS!

One of the reason bananas pack more carbs-per-bites than other fruits is that they contain less water. However, their large amounts of potassium actually help to reduce blood pressure, support blood maintance, and act as a diatretic that alleviates water retention and bloating!

If you're still worried about carbohydrates, remember that a small banana only contains 100 calories, which is not much more than a medium apple, with many more benfits!

And, let's not forget our friend the Kiwi! Kiwi are also high in potassium, and also are rich in vitamin C and lutein, a cartoneid that can help reduce the risk of heart disease. A kiwi is a great way to gain a quick bout of energy! Just, don't forget to eat the skin! It is edible and packed with nutrients!

In fact, nobody should be drinking energy drinks. A banana or a kiwi are loads better.

And where do you get bananas from?
I'm a bit skeptical about bananas that come from overseas, what with all the journey and chemicals, but there seem to be little choice. I've met a guy once claiming the best bananas come from Portugal, what would you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Accatitippi wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

And where do you get bananas from?
I'm a bit skeptical about bananas that come from overseas, what with all the journey and chemicals, but there seem to be little choice. I've met a guy once claiming the best bananas come from Portugal, what would you think?

all i know is the brand i typically buy, and that's Turbana. i'm sure the smallest amount of effort would tell me where those bananas come from.

i always have bananas in the house. they rock. there's a reason monkeys love the shit out of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it plays a huge role in taste or health considerations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dake wrote:
Turbana. i'm sure the smallest amount of effort would tell me where those bananas come from.

Columbia. they make good shit in Columbia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and i know you didn't ask me, acca
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Also, title of this thread should probably be focused down to bananas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkey peeling is the only way, man. The only problem is that you have to do something with the weird spiky part at what's now the top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think this video adequately illustrates how effective this method is, but you get the point. Don't mind the people at the beginning.. do mind the sweet mustache on the judge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Don't give me no guff about that squishing bananas either. If you do it right, there's no squish-age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.