Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oxmond
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
According to this form.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkNjfkkCz6vNdHh...
Is it true that Vanguards is too weak? I don't want to have games unbalanced.
soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I very much doubt you will ever find another game with such a balanced power distribution across 17 factions and counting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Vanguards are just really hard to figure out how to use since they don't really play like any other faction at all. They're probably the slowest playing faction, but that's slow as in the amount of time they take before they mount the full on counter offensive.

They're built to let the other faction waste all their strength and then kicking them when they're weak - like Muhammad Ali's rope-a-dope.

It's difficult for people to figure out, because no other faction is built and expected to turtle like they do.

They're not weak, just hard to figure out based on how the other factions play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brock Poulsen
United States
Boise
Id
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you listen to podcasts at all, you should look at "A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars." They did a great strategy episode that was all Vanguards.

It's definitely a viable facton; you just have to play to their strengths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oxmond wrote:
Hi!
According to this form.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkNjfkkCz6vNdHh...
Is it true that Vanguards is too weak? I don't want to have games unbalanced.
soblue

That form is really very inaccurate if it is meant to project the power of each faction. Shadow Elves on top with Mercenaries on the bottom? Cave Goblins higher than the Guild Dwarves in tier? Seems to me that it is populated by a bunch of people's games who favor certain factions over others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.