Dungeon Twister» Forums » General

Subject: component quality - counter tear rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i bought the german version (so as to not scare off people..).

game looks great. bright colors good artwork, clear rules BUT what the heck were the people designing the punch-out-sheets thinking???

i read the warnings on the geek (concerning possible ounter tear when punching uncarefully). i PAID attention. i even used a hobby knife to cut off junctions beforehand. still got two serious damaged counters. while on the yellow counters it does not stand out that much, the blue one (the potion) ist quite distinguishable now.

has anyone tried getting replacement for such problems?

otherwise painting the counters backside might be in order..

not amusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem with one blue counter, even though I had read about it on BGG and was trying to be careful. Fortunately, the tear was small, so I used a dark blue, fine point marker to blend it in. The counter now looks pretty good. Unless I'm staring right at the spot I colored, you can't tell it was torn.

Since there are different shades of blue on the back of the counters, try to find a marker that matches the color adjacent to the tear.

Good luck. It's a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
of course it is (i played three times as yet) but it still ticks me off, that its IMPOSSIBLE to put this together without damaging it. damaging it in a way that affects playability, that is!

i glued the torn patch over the tear. works unless you stare hard, which, of course, is exactly what i do. staring at it and feeling the anger rise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain, brother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.