Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I finally got this game to the table over the weekend at Spring Hoopla, and there was some confusion that came up that I couldn't spot anything about in the rules.

When two or more beer stands have expanded so that they now share the same tables, how is the income calculated?
On the "thinking real world" side, each table isn't going to go and double up on the beer they buy and give money to both stands, so it would make sense that the income would be split between the stands.
However doing this seems like it would actually make combining beer gardens a bad thing, as it would essentially reduce the total income, making it so there would no no incentive to combine. So partway into the game we figured we were probably supposed to be giving both stands the total income of all tables, however decided there was no real way to fix this with a good chunk of the game already played.

On a related note, in our game the combined garden belonged to two stands, one of which was on the end and the other in the corner - when the "drunken bum" comes around and lands in that beer garden, if it's moved in the direction of the other stand, is it moved on to yet the next one because both stands are considered to be the same beer garden, or does he stay in the same garden/group of tables but at the next stand over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skrebs
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:
When two or more beer stands have expanded so that they now share the same tables, how is the income calculated?

I don't have the game in front of me, but I'm pretty certain that beer gardens cannot share the same table. If one expands into another, the other is reduced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beer Gardens cannot share a table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, hey, that explains a lot... I wonder why I was remembering it the other way around blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.