Popular Tags: [View All]
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm halfway through the book series (ie halfway through book three) at the moment. Will this expansion spoil anything I have not yet read about (battles, characters, abilities, unit types, ...)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Breitkopf
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pelni wrote:
I'm halfway through the book series (ie halfway through book three) at the moment. Will this expansion spoil anything I have not yet read about (battles, characters, abilities, unit types, ...)?

No reason to worry about that. They will spoil nothing at all, not even the flavor texts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do worry a little because there is a scenario for events taking place near the end of the second book/series, and (don't read until you have seen/read all of series/book three)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
one of the commanders included has not yet commanded troops in battle near the end of the third book, so guess that
and I did not want to know that.

Also the other expansions by just existing spoils characters/events well into book three (and hints at what will come even later) so I'm happy at least I read this far into the series before looking at this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Breitkopf
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, just about any member of a house might command troops at some time, so I do not consider that as a spoiler. And just because I have heard the name of a character from the game, I don't know anything about his/her character, outlook or motivations. YMMV, of course. And even if a scenario has the name of a battle or place in the books, the troop composition and commanders are wildly different (or inaccurate, if you want to call it that). I do not see the official scenarios as trying to be accurate to the books, so I would not worry about spoilers even if a expansion with Lannister vs. Targaryen scenarios would suddenly materialize
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.