Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion looks interesting (one of my must buys), but I have some questions after reading the rules for the first time:

1. Can I mix the boards with the nomads boards as well, or would that cause some problems? The rules state you should mix them with the 8 game board sections of basic game, no mention of the possibility of mixing the Nomads boards in the mix.

2. Am I right to think placement of a city hall tile combined with a Fortress task card (your settlement surrounded by your settlements) instantly gives you 6 gold?

3. Home country task: should we check the terrain areas below the city hall tile in the end of the game, or is it considered a completely different terrain?

4. Barracks: am I right to think a warrior makes an empty area „occupied” when it comes to adjacency questions? I mean, when I have to place my settlements to a given terrain type but can’t place them next to my settlements because the empty spaces are guarded by the warrior, that means I can place them elsewhere on the board, right?

5. Outpost: I guess the „if possible” part of the explanation sentence should be deleted. ?

6. Combination with caves: can the wagon move across/stand on a cave tile? I guess the answer is yes, but would like to know for sure.

7. Not really a rules question: It just looks like Place of Refugee task card combined with Workers (not to mention the Capitol expansion) might put the game a bit off-balance…?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
lacxox wrote:
1. Can I mix the boards with the nomads boards as well, or would that cause some problems? The rules state you should mix them with the 8 game board sections of basic game, no mention of the possibility of mixing the Nomads boards in the mix.

Mixing with Nomads is fine, the expansions all work together.

lacxox wrote:
2. Am I right to think placement of a city hall tile combined with a Fortress task card (your settlement surrounded by your settlements) instantly gives you 6 gold?

Well not until the end of the game, but yes.

lacxox wrote:
3. Home country task: should we check the terrain areas below the city hall tile in the end of the game, or is it considered a completely different terrain?

The terrain still matters and hasn't changed; the city hall is just like 7 of your own pieces (that can't move).

Again these tasks should say they only score once at most per game, not once per time you do them; I expect that to be fixed in the English rulebook.

lacxox wrote:
4. Barracks: am I right to think a warrior makes an empty area „occupied” when it comes to adjacency questions? I mean, when I have to place my settlements to a given terrain type but can’t place them next to my settlements because the empty spaces are guarded by the warrior, that means I can place them elsewhere on the board, right?

Yes.

lacxox wrote:
5. Outpost: I guess the „if possible” part of the explanation sentence should be deleted. ?

I am not sure how that wording will end up so let's hold off on Outpost questions.

lacxox wrote:
6. Combination with caves: can the wagon move across/stand on a cave tile? I guess the answer is yes, but would like to know for sure.

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the fast answers and I promise not to keep editing and adding more questions in the original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a space adjacent to a warrior count as occupied for the purposes of Caravan (and Paddock, for that matter)? Meaning if I used a Caravan and would have stopped in a space adjacent to a warrior, do I instead stop one space earlier?

Can I use a Caravan to move through spaces adjacent to warriors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on what I can see in the rules my guess is
- you can't build next to the warrior so you have to build your settlement one space earlier;
- you can move through spaces adjacent to warriors (the rules only say you can't build next to them).

But I'd like to see the official answers as well of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
LastFootnote wrote:
Does a space adjacent to a warrior count as occupied for the purposes of Caravan (and Paddock, for that matter)? Meaning if I used a Caravan and would have stopped in a space adjacent to a warrior, do I instead stop one space earlier?

Can I use a Caravan to move through spaces adjacent to warriors?

My understanding is that the German rulebook clarifies that you can't move pieces next to warriors, and of course the English rulebook should. I tentatively expect that spaces next to warriors will count as occupied for all purposes, meaning you can't move wagons or ships next to them either; we will have to wait for a corrected version of the rulebook to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.