Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Type: Push-your-luck dice-rolling, with a deck of cards to act as the dice rolling objectives.

Game play: Layout some cards in a communal display and roll your 3 dice a few times trying to get one or more of them to total one or more of the numbers written on the cards in the display. If you do then you earn the card, or have a roll-out against anyone else who achieves the same. Dice which aren't employed successfully go out to Vulture Valley where they may take a penalty. The more cards you win the more points you score.

Interaction: Great interaction as you compete for the rolls to secure the cards. Then any ties are settled by further highest-wins roll-outs.

So What? As with any dice game the fun starts as you roll for that necessary number which secures your card or defeats your opponent. If that doesn't grab you then this game won't either.

You'll like this if you like: Pickomino or other fun, light dice games which give opportunities to out-roll your opponents.

Positives:
- Pushing your luck to secure that high scoring card is always an adrenalin-fuelled tense affair.
- Plays fast and there isn’t a lot of consecutive dice rolling so each person’s turn lasts a matter of seconds.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser when played with the right crowd.

Negatives:
- Very little skill, though there are the odd tactical decisions to be made.
- There isn’t much more in the game other than throwing dice to total a number. Though it is possibly one of the most entertaining ways there is to throw a bunch of dice in order to total a number.
- The game can temporarily stagnate when only high-point cards are on the display and no one can roll the required numbers.

Summary:
It’s a light filler and family game. Depending on who you are playing with this can lead to either the deafening silence of rolling dice and puzzled looks, or can lead to a loud entertaining fun-filled 20 minutes. I'm in the latter, as are my gaming friends, and I like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Have been enjoying this one a lot. It's very similar to Las Vegas, but I think it's superior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.