Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
So ... I have the two promo tiles, as a loyal Eagle Games man.

What do they do? Are they just replacements for the normal tyrannosaur and velociraptor tiles? Or do they represent some new action of which I am unaware? If so, what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they replace the respective T-Rex and Raptor tiles.

The T-Rex will move 1 space and eat 6 (instead of 5) dinos OR move 2 spaces and eat 4 (instead of 3) dinos.

The raptors still move 1 space and the other 1/2 spaces and eat 2 dinos apiece. However, now they will scatter 3 dinos instead of 2.

Basically they become more dangerous. Frankly in the games I have played, raptors and T-rex always seem to get taken so I have not seen the need to make them stronger but depends on the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm Gonna Wreck It!
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wario83 wrote:
Yes, they replace the respective T-Rex and Raptor tiles.

The T-Rex will move 1 space and eat 6 (instead of 5) dinos OR move 2 spaces and eat 4 (instead of 3) dinos.

The raptors still move 1 space and the other 1/2 spaces and eat 2 dinos apiece. However, now they will scatter 3 dinos instead of 2.

Basically they become more dangerous. Frankly in the games I have played, raptors and T-rex always seem to get taken so I have not seen the need to make them stronger but depends on the players.

I remember reading somewhere that the main reason they even exist was because the artist liked both drawings he had done and couldn't decide which was better so they were both included in the game without any real plans as to what to do with them. They came up with the rules for the "promos" later. (To our benefit)

However, I'm sure you could use the regular rules easily and just change tiles if you want to mix up the artwork

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i got the idea the German market wouldn't use the violent art and the promos are the artist preferred?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are the rules posted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
found the link under "Linked Items"

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/140265/triassic-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.