Valdir Jorge
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All!

I was reading an article about the Dreamation 2006 on the Home News Tribune Online (see link here: http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060120/NEWS...) and when I saw its accompanying image I thought "Wow, that looks like a complicated game!". But then I noticed that it's just the tablecloth... gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add it to the list! Add it to the list!

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listid=26...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snooze_uk wrote:

With the fileserver down, the list just doesn't have the same impact!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
That should be a gamer crime to play on a tablecloth like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing on any kind of teblecloth should be a crime!!! In fact a cloth could easily get in the way when playing, if the board doesn't lie flat and if it rucks up in awkward places during play etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:
Playing on any kind of teblecloth should be a crime!!!

There was an old Columbo episode where two chess champions were to meet for a big match. They end up at the same restaurant which luckily had checkerboard tablecloths and started playing chess: salt and pepper shakers were the kings, etc. Fortunately they ordered escargot so the shells made great pawns. (A French restaurant with checkerboard tablecloths was one of the many weak things about this episode.)

Quote:

In fact a cloth could easily get in the way when playing, if the board doesn't lie flat and if it rucks up in awkward places during play etc.

Most conventions I go to have table cloths on the the table--but usually the tables are all splintery and beat up, that you want the cloth there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C C
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to own up to buying two table cloths especially for playing games on. They stop the games from getting damaged and scratched on even surfaces and stop the pieces sliding around. They are plain green and the boards, cards and pieces show up easily on them.

CC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.