Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, does anyone else use their F-Toys Star Wars collection when they play X-Wing? Yes, the F-Toys Star Wars miniatures collection are very nice indeed. I would even go so far to say that they are better than the original X-Wing miniatures, but I'm curious to know if there are a lot of gamers doing this or just a few.

We have pretty much switched to playing with the "heX-Wing" modification (found in the files section), so the use of larger templates (easy to make by the way) isn't an issue. However, a bigger playing surface is required since the miniatures are a little bit bigger - which I actually like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a competitive person, I would only play with alt models for fun. I really enforce a strict ruleset when playing in tournament type situations. Since the rules rely very heavily on the size of the base and the specific movement templates, I have to say no proxies.

One of my buddies has an imperial shuttle from ftoys that we will be using for scenarios. All it does is move across the map and take damage, so no big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the base size is the same, alternate models would be fine at my game table as long as the models are roughly compatible. I would not like to see someone put a piece of lava rock on the table and call it the Falcon.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.