Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Richardson
United States
La Crescenta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the games I've played, the pathing used to move players on the pitch has been pretty freeform. As long as the player is only running, we've been very loose with how a player gets where he's going as long as the final facing and the count was right.

Being able to stop a player along his path is very counter to the above method. The Run Interference Action functions as an interrupt of the other coach's turn. My fear is adding a path commitment might slow down gameplay.

How are people establishing the path of a move? Do you need to count out each hex a player moves to for each action of a rush? Does the coach playing the Run Interference Action have to telegraph his attempt and thus loose the element of surprise taking such an action might have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are going to use RI to Slam the player who is moving (note that you do not have to use RI against the moving player, you can use it against any opposing player and you don't even need to do the Slam part of the action if you do not want) then you need to be clear which path players are taking. But I don't think this is too hard. When you are plotting your movement you usually count out different routes with your finger and then move the player so you just need to be clear which route you are taking. Then you could just call RI when the finger reaches a certain point and the opposing coach can put their player there, you resolve RI, and then they continue on with their turn (assuming the Slam caused by RI doesn't make them drop the ball thereby ending their rush).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Richardson
United States
La Crescenta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that would work. I was just curious about what others were doing. This mechanic is built into the lady team so I'm sure the playtesters may have encountered it. I've yet to play with the rule coming up myself.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest thing would be to count hexes with the model, I would think. Move through each hex during movement and the opposing coach can call Inteference when the player is where he wants him to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.