Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools

The English-language rules say:

If the Allied Alliance wins a 4-player game, the Eastern Allied faction receives 8 additional victory points for determining which Allied faction wins the game if it accepted the treaty.

The German rules say:

... erhalten die östlichen Alliierten bei einer Ablehnung des Vertrages 8 zusätzliche Siegpunkte ...

Now according to my understanding (and my dictionary) "Ablehnung" means "rejection" - so these two versions directly contradict each other.

So which is it - acceptance or rejection?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, to my mind, there should be some incentive for the Russian to accept the treaty in a 4P game. He is making things tougher on his ally, and if the West doesn't hold out they both lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
Yes, I thought that. Then I thought the Russian needed an incentive to hold out if he was being battered, so he should get the 8VP for rejecting the treaty.

Then I thought, isn't this typical of this fine game, that a critical rules point is all confused!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.