Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Which of these problems did you find in your copy of the game and expansion?
Cards printed off center
Card backs don't match
Artifact card backs have a black line
Tokens printed off center
Tokens reversed
Token bakcs don't match
Map tiles don't align properly
Map tiles printed off center
Map tiles warped or bowing
Click bases don't turn properly
Broken figures
Missing pieces all together
Problems with the dice
Crystals don't match
Something else (post in comments)
      171 answers
Poll created by LunarSoundDesign

Poll
A couple more choices
Map tiles don't match
My copy was perfect
If there are any problems I didn't notice
      121 answers
Poll created by LunarSoundDesign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The map tiles in the expansion don't match. In fact, I even have one tile that doesn't even match the other expansion tiles. Something is weird about it and you can tell it apart from all the other green tiles that I have (Base game + Expansion tiles).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
The map tiles in the expansion don't match. In fact, I even have one tile that doesn't even match the other expansion tiles. Something is weird about it and you can tell it apart from all the other green tiles that I have (Base game + Expansion tiles).

Yeah my map backs are completely jacked in the expansion. The colors are so far off from the base game it's ridiculous. I haven't had to use them yet so I don't know how or if it will affect things but still a pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an option for "none of the above?"

Maybe I have bad eyes or play in poor light, but I have not had any of the above troubles with my game and expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manary Corte
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Best game of all time...
badge
...Twilight Imperium 3!
mbmbmbmbmb
In my case, the expansion map tiles are somewhat bigger than the base game tiles. Only by paying attention to the map tile pool you can tell which tiles come from the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil S. Stein
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no "nothing wrong" option in the poll. Or are you just trying to nail down which issues are the most common?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philsstein wrote:
There is no "nothing wrong" option in the poll. Or are you just trying to nail down which issues are the most common?

Pretty much. I will add a separate poll for "all seems fine"

Devon Harmon wrote:

Maybe I have bad eyes or play in poor light, but I have not had any of the above troubles with my game and expansion.

I added a choice for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed "map tile backs don't match". Other than that, my expansion was perfectly fine, and the base game's issues were fixed with the replacement components I got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
I missed "map tile backs don't match". Other than that, my expansion was perfectly fine, and the base game's issues were fixed with the replacement components I got.

Crap, I knew I forgot something. I added that option. I find it hard to believe that was all that was wrong, but maybe these problems are worse with the English/U.S. version of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Knauth
Germany
Erdmannhausen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Map tile backs don't match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warbear wrote:
Map tile backs don't match.

I just added that option in a poll right below the main one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
haslo wrote:

Crap, I knew I forgot something. I added that option. I find it hard to believe that was all that was wrong, but maybe these problems are worse with the English/U.S. version of the game.

Heh, mine is an US import I prefer playing games in their original language, there's no translation errors then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My base game was essentially perfect except for the artifact cards (and a couple others) with a black line. My expansion artifact cards also have a black line, and the coloration of all card backs is just lighter enough to notice the difference. There were some tokens (mainly all the new skill tokens) that were slightly damaged, but otherwise I have had good luck with the components comparatively speaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Base game issues:

Missing a couple of shields and maybe 1 green crystal or something (not a big deal)

Game came with 2 copies of the 3 white mana -> 7 fame Ruins, and did not have the Grey + Purple Ruins.

Replacement Ruins tile was punched in the opposite direction than the Ruin tiles from my base game (not a big deal for me).

Expansion issues:
Crystals are cloudy and look like crap compared to base game crystals. Otherwise everything was correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:

Heh, mine is an US import I prefer playing games in their original language, there's no translation errors then.

Shouldn't you then play the game in czech?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn D
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Devon Harmon wrote:

Same here...no issues at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked "something else" for "I got two of the same skill token but was missing a different one."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rojas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came with no issues whatsoever, everything was in place and complete, both the base game and then later the expansion. I actually put a lot of care checking all the pieces since I knew there were some issues with it, but was happy to complete the checking and everything was fine.

- Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So there are people that do not have the smear on the back of the artifact cards? I tought all artifact cards had it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurgen Koller
Australia
Cherrybrook
NSW
flag msg tools
Great Underground Empire
badge
Explorer
mbmbmbmbmb
My base game deed cards had some chips or dings or scratches on their backs and near the edges. I received replacement cards which were useless as they had different coloured backs which was reported in countless other threads. I left it at that and just play with the game as originally shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tekar wrote:
So there are people that do not have the smear on the back of the artifact cards? I tought all artifact cards had it.

I know the black streak was present in both my replacement cards and the ones form my 3rd printing as well as the Expansion Artifact cars but I don't remember if they were on my 1st printing cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two cards with damaged backs and one with a damaged front. All have been replaced. Too bad they had a slightly different tone on the back, so they are distinguishable if you pay attention.

One of the brown map tiles is slightly damaged on the back, didn't notice that until AFTER I ordered the replacement cards, forfeiting my chances of ever getting a good one. I now have to keep the tiles hidden while playing so I don't know when the marked tile is on top. Very annoying.

Other than that, perfect.

EDIT: Second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You missed the expansion token backs don't match either. They are much darker/richer in color than the base game ones.

Edit: And by tokens, I of course mean enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kysmart wrote:
You missed the expansion token backs don't match either. They are much darker/richer in color than the base game ones.

Edit: And by tokens, I of course mean enemies.

I figured the "tokens back don't match" choice would cover that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Linnell
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My expansion tiles are slightly bigger and off colour so I end up with a wonky map with gaps in it. Oh well, WizKids replacement is such a hassle I really don't want to bother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.