Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Triumph of Chaos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Control of CP and Allied during the Political Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Alati
Italy
Firenze
Toscana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If White gains control of the Central Powers AND Great Britain and/or USA/France during the first turn of the Political Phase, can control all factions or make a choice ??

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question; can't recall that ever coming up. WHITE gets the choice: CP OR the Brits and/or USA and/or France.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Alati
Italy
Firenze
Toscana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for answer and for the game

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. You having a good, interesting game?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Alati
Italy
Firenze
Toscana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes i play many games with my friends and the game is wonderful, but i have a lot of troubles with the rules, just some interpretations.

For example during the political phase the Red gained the control of Belarus so during the logistical phase he sets up the Red Belarus Army:

1) where the army is deployed ? Minsk ? Anywhere in Belarus ? Outside Belarus ??
2) if the army is deployed in Belarus, Poland rolls for the Polish Response Table ??

If the White controls Ukraine and Poland but the polish is in Interventation/Not Cooperation (Belarus):

1) the Pol/Uk Legion is deployed ??
2) if so, white can activate it ??

If a AC denies replacements and the player has them for factions ( Allied, CP, Poland, Ukraine ), he can spend the RP to buy leaders or IP ??

Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aleikos wrote:
Yes i play many games with my friends and the game is wonderful, but i have a lot of troubles with the rules, just some interpretations.

For example during the political phase the Red gained the control of Belarus so during the logistical phase he sets up the Red Belarus Army:

1) where the army is deployed ? Minsk ? Anywhere in Belarus ? Outside Belarus ??

2) if the army is deployed in Belarus, Poland rolls for the Polish Response Table ??


Red Belarus Army is subject to normal setup for factions (rule 8.3). So, anyplace within their home region (or, they can always be placed simply in the dead box). And yes, the unit can trigger the Polish Response Table (rule 8.313 - RED Belarus Army).

Aleikos wrote:
If the White controls Ukraine and Poland but the polish is in Interventation/Not Cooperation (Belarus):

1) the Pol/Uk Legion is deployed ??

2) if so, white can activate it ??


Yes, it is deployed (rule 8.324 - Polish Ukraine Legion Army). White can activate the unit - and it is considered WHITE (so, if the White player activates Polish units that Action Phase, it may not activate it. If the White player activates WHITE units, it may not activate Polish units that Action Phase).

Aleikos wrote:
If a AC denies replacements and the player has them for factions ( Allied, CP, Poland, Ukraine ), he can spend the RP to buy leaders or IP ??


I believe there are only a few cards denying replacements:

RED AC#11 (RED Army Reorganizes). "RED may not take replacements this turn". ZERO RED replacements may be spent (should have written spent instead of take).

WHITE AC#32, AC#33. Same in this case for WHITE - ZERO WHITE REPLACEMENTS.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This ruling surprises me.

Is it written somewhere that a power may not control both the Allies and the CP at once? I am aware of FCMs not being able to move closer to a side once the other is controlled, but I've read session reports and have seen that it is possible through a lop-sided political phase to gain all Allies and the CP into WHITE control together.

Is FCM movement meant to be simultaneous?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - the FCM is meant to be simultaneous.

I don't think I've ever seen a side get the CP and the Allies (Britain, France, USA) in the same Political Phase, but, of course, I'm sure it is possible given some crazy combination of the 66 PCs.

"Is it written somewhere that a power may not control both the Allies and the CP at once?"

No. And, it is possible (I believe very rare).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Dr wrote:
Yes - the FCM is meant to be simultaneous.

I don't think I've ever seen a side get the CP and the Allies (Britain, France, USA) in the same Political Phase, but, of course, I'm sure it is possible given some crazy combination of the 66 PCs.

"Is it written somewhere that a power may not control both the Allies and the CP at once?"

No. And, it is possible (I believe very rare).


Perhaps then I'm confusing your answer to the original post of this thread. It sounded as if you were saying that WHITE had a choice between controlling the CP or the Brits/France/USA if they were to enter WHITE control simultaneously?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My confusion. Was thinking something different: Yes, it is possible for WHITE to get CP and the allies in the same political phase. And, WHITE would NOT have to choose (there is nothing in the rules that prevents it that I could find).

I was really answering from what my intent would be - that the CP and Allies couldn't be simultaneously backing WHITE. But, when I thought more about it, I thought why not. And, when I searched the rules, I couldn't find a prohibition.

Sorry about. Again, I've never seen that happen, but, it is probably a possible card combo.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Alati
Italy
Firenze
Toscana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I have never considered the Red Belarus like a Faction Army but a normal Red army. whistle


Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably should have labeled it a little clearer; like Belarus 2 Army. And then specified the conditions under which it is generated - only by RED, etc.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Alati
Italy
Firenze
Toscana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At this point can you tell me what armies are Faction armies ?

I think that Red Turkistan (RED AC#19) is Faction Army, but:

_ 3 Red Ukraine Armies (RED AC#24,#25)
_ Latvian Army (RED AC#20)
_ 5 Subjugation Armies (RED AC#36)
_ 2 Red Fin Armies and White Fin Army.

Thank you for the patience
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aleikos wrote:
At this point can you tell me what armies are Faction armies ?

I think that Red Turkistan (RED AC#19) is Faction Army, but:

_ 3 Red Ukraine Armies (RED AC#24,#25)
_ Latvian Army (RED AC#20)
_ 5 Subjugation Armies (RED AC#36)
_ 2 Red Fin Armies and White Fin Army.

Thank you for the patience


The rule of thumb is that if the unit is specified in the setup for a particular faction, it is a faction army. All of the units above are NOT faction armies.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.