Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: New hero avaiable! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the agent of darkness also look quite good.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Conner!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0?ref=bg...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The agents sound interesting, but without more details I'm not sure how much they really add to the game. Kinda on the fence about this one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n3rd wrote:
The agents sound interesting, but without more details I'm not sure how much they really add to the game. Kinda on the fence about this one.


Hopefully we will get more info soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they remain quiet about the agents so my money can stay comfortably safe in my wallet...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both look cool but we need more information on the agents. I also find it a bit odd that the Spriggan is $15 when it only comes with a single miniature unlike the Skald and duplicate heroes which comes with two for the same price.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
1 KS exclusive vs 2 that will be available in the long run.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thrawn007 wrote:
1 KS exclusive vs 2 that will be available in the long run.

Although the Spriggan is only exclusive in terms of cosmetics. They did say that a druid class will be available at some point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thrawn007 wrote:
1 KS exclusive vs 2 that will be available in the long run.



I don't think being exclusive is a good reason to charge more. That does smack of a nickel and dime approach by preying on the completionists which is something that MERCS have been very good at not doing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Then don't buy it. Awesome case for voting with your wallet. Our poor, already suffering wallets.

If it was integral to the game, then I'd be more understanding and likely not backing the game in the first place... but this is purely an extra. I'm all for it being cheaper, but I don't think I have a lot of room to argue that MERCS hasn't given us crazy value for our wallet's contents already.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying or not buying it does not change the fact that the pricing is not quite right! I do like that although the miniature itself is KS exclusive the character itself is not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MERCS are taking a loss on so much, I honestly don't mind if one thing is ever so slightly over priced... when all is said and done - you're still walking away with a steal.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Buying or not buying it does not change the fact that the pricing is not quite right! I do like that although the miniature itself is KS exclusive the character itself is not.


I'm not belittling you here, honest. I'd agree that some of the pricing doesn't seem *consistent* with the rest of the product line... or at least, they haven't explained (or felt they had to explain) why some of these things seem slightly out of whack to me.

Which is the issue... the pricing doesn't seem right to us. It must make sense to MERCS.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markguy wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
Buying or not buying it does not change the fact that the pricing is not quite right! I do like that although the miniature itself is KS exclusive the character itself is not.


I'm not belittling you here, honest. I'd agree that some of the pricing doesn't seem *consistent* with the rest of the product line... or at least, they haven't explained (or felt they had to explain) why some of these things seem slightly out of whack to me.

Which is the issue... the pricing doesn't seem right to us. It must make sense to MERCS.


But we are the consumers and the pricing should make sense for us! It doesn't really bother me, it's only $5 and the deal we are getting for pledging it outstanding so it's not a hardship. It's just still odd because consistency across a games system (and to a lesser extent in comparison to other systems) should be achieved.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Which is why I think they should explain it or be even more responsive to the boards and comments. Which is a big ask, I realize. I think, actually suggested in a PM that I didn't hear back on, that they should have recruited some folks as moderators of sorts and kick them any outstanding issues.

Still, they surpassed the typical level of involvement I've experienced with other Kickstarter projects. Across a huge gaming convention to boot. Job well done!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jones
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Both look cool but we need more information on the agents. I also find it a bit odd that the Spriggan is $15 when it only comes with a single miniature unlike the Skald and duplicate heroes which comes with two for the same price.


Maybe the miniature will be bigger. Hopefully.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markguy wrote:
Which is why I think they should explain it or be even more responsive to the boards and comments. Which is a big ask, I realize. I think, actually suggested in a PM that I didn't hear back on, that they should have recruited some folks as moderators of sorts and kick them any outstanding issues.

Still, they surpassed the typical level of involvement I've experienced with other Kickstarter projects. Across a huge gaming convention to boot. Job well done!


I think they've been extremely responsive to backers both on the KS and here on BGG where Brian has regularly responded to threads and specific questions contained therein. They could ave got somebody specifically to do this but this may have been expensive and they also may not have realised quite how popular it would be. Otherwise I agree with you, a job very well done.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, is the Spriggan a KS exclusive, or not? I know the Druid will have the same deck, but it sounded like it was exclusive in the updates, but the picture on the KS site doesn't say "KS Exclusive" on it. I guess I will wait on adding it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattVid wrote:
So, is the Spriggan a KS exclusive, or not? I know the Druid will have the same deck, but it sounded like it was exclusive in the updates, but the picture on the KS site doesn't say "KS Exclusive" on it. I guess I will wait on adding it


This is my point exactly! The Spriggan miniature is KS exclusive but the card deck will be used by the Druid who is a future hero.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Kim
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
For the spriggan, will the advanced classes be for the spriggan or druid? Also, will it be possible to purchase the spriggan sleeves or any of the hero sleeves later in the future?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werewolf Kai Jason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not completely skewed from the others though, as the alternate gender figures were a stretch goal and not guaranteed. Before that goal was met, the extra classes then were still $15 each as an add-on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Personally, I don't think Mercs has a sinister ulterior agenda here. I don't think they're trying to pull a fast one on us, or fleece us out of a couple bucks (or screw us out of a mini, depending on how you look at it).

I think they had an idea, which was to take a class they're already playtesting, and make a KS exclusive version of it. They're charging the same for it as every other class they're selling, and I bet if they sell more Skalds than Spriggans they won't really mind.

And they gave the reason why there wouldn't be two genders (in game lore, the race is asexual), and I believe they're doing it that way cause it's neat.

And I'd agree with them. It is pretty cool that one of the classes I'll have is different, and there's an actual reason for that, even if it means I get one less mini.

Pardon me if all that came off as overly naive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
techsam2k8 wrote:
For the spriggan, will the advanced classes be for the spriggan or druid? Also, will it be possible to purchase the spriggan sleeves or any of the hero sleeves later in the future?


That's a good question regarding the journeymen/master classes. The sleeves will probably be KS exclusive if the character itself is.

Kaiwolf wrote:
It's not completely skewed from the others though, as the alternate gender figures were a stretch goal and not guaranteed. Before that goal was met, the extra classes then were still $15 each as an add-on.


Except the extra classes were added after the alternate gender goal was reached.

WunupKid wrote:
Personally, I don't think Mercs has a sinister ulterior agenda here. I don't think they're trying to pull a fast one on us, or fleece us out of a couple bucks (or screw us out of a mini, depending on how you look at it)


I do not think either of these things either. I just think the pricing is a little odd when compared to the rest of their available options (as is the pricing of the Quest v Treasure deck for example).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is the deck as well, so it's not quite a 'half value' or anything. While I do think $10-12 might have been a nice gesture, I'll live with it (Or including sleeves would have been a good touch)

I am a little concerned about the journeyman/master classes, I'll just hope they make upgrade models/card style for the spriggan just for us!

I LOVE that they have represented an asexual race in this. I can imagine myself and my girlfriend (Particularly my gf..) arguing over who gets to play it every game =) I'd love to see an androgynous human character in the future too!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
There is the deck as well, so it's not quite a 'half value' or anything. While I do think $10-12 might have been a nice gesture, I'll live with it (Or including sleeves would have been a good touch)

I am a little concerned about the journeyman/master classes, I'll just hope they make upgrade models/card style for the spriggan just for us!

I LOVE that they have represented an asexual race in this. I can imagine myself and my girlfriend (Particularly my gf..) arguing over who gets to play it every game =) I'd love to see an androgynous human character in the future too!


I was including the deck. I think it would have been better priced at $10. It's not really an issue, just a weird inconsistency in my opinion. I too am interested in how they do the journeymen and master classes. If this is KS exclusive then the journeymen and master surely won't be made available generally so are they just going to contact anybody who bought it and ask them if they want the new miniatures? I really don't want to go from the Spriggan to whatever the Druid miniatures for those classes are.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.