Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the chance to play The Lost Dutchman at a gaming event this weekend, and unfortunately it was the blind leading the blind. None of us had played it before, seen videos on how to play, or had anything to go by other than the rules. I think we got the hang of when to flip over tiles or not, but there was still something that bothered all of us:

If you land on a creature or disaster, and roll the die, three things can happen:

You beat the score required, win the tile, and turn over the next in the stack.

You match the number, so don't defeat it... does the tile stay on the board?

You get less than the number required, so you lose. You adjust your health or attribute as required, then what happens? Does the tile stay on the board, or is it trashed? If it's trashed, do you flip the next tile down?

Given another play, preferably with someone who knew what was going on from the start, I think I would like the game. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the event, there was a time crunch on learning it, and some of the rules weren't as clear as we would like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh,

Were you playing it at Mensa Mind Games?

To answer your questions. If you don't defeat the creature it stays on the board. If you defeat it it is removed, kept by the winning player for its treasure value and then the tile beneath it is revealed.

I've posted a couple of You Tube Videos which probably would have helped with a better rules explanation. Rules rarely turn out as clear as I want them to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I was playing at Mind Games.

Thanks for the quick answer. I just bought TLD on Amazon, (horray Prime shipping!) and I'll be able to test it out in a more leisurely fashion on Saturday or Sunday with friends. I'll be sure to watch the YouTube videos about it in the meantime! (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.