Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert DiClaudio
United States
Marlton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Hello all you Geeks out in Wargamers Geekland. I am a wargamer Geek from South Jersey. I started playing Avalon Hill games back in the 70's and I have just recently got interested in playing again. My problem is since I last played any wargame 40 years has elapsed and the whole world is into computer games now. How can I find fellow old school wargamers who still like the old board games. I would like to play by mail if not in person. Any help here will be greatly appreciated.
Robert
Glassboro,NJ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nycentral1957 wrote:
Hello all you Geeks out in Wargamers Geekland. I am a wargamer Geek from South Jersey. I started playing Avalon Hill games back in the 70's and I have just recently got interested in playing again. My problem is since I last played any wargame 40 years has elapsed and the whole world is into computer games now. How can I find fellow old school wargamers who still like the old board games. I would like to play by mail if not in person. Any help here will be greatly appreciated.
Robert
Glassboro,NJ

I suggest you start by posting in the Wargames Forum. You'll get a warm reception there, and maybe hook up with somebody who's looking to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robert,

Here is the Wargaming BGG Domain

To navigate there just put your curser over the wargaming symbol on the far right of the home screen and select forums (general being the main spot.

(If you want I could move your thread directly over there? Or you can just pop in and say hello yourself.)

EDIT:

ninjaed by Sphere only because I was busy writing and then removing my jokes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert DiClaudio
United States
Marlton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Hey Fellows
Thanks Much for the advice, Hey does anyone know how to find Rule books for the games they have on Vassel? I just D/L Yorktown, it looks like fun but I dont know how to play it. Surley there is somewhere out there on the WWW where a Geek can find a copy of the rules for just about any game.
Thanks Much for all your help thus far.

Robert
New Jersey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.