Subject: GnomeCon Recap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charleston James
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GnomeCon was a surprisingly busy convention. It's only the second year for this little Savannah get together but I have no doubt it will grow a lot in the future. Next year should be even bigger. It's packed full of stuff to do and located in the truly beautiful Savannah, Georgia.

There were lots of panels to see at the con, cosplay, and other stuff to check out. I didn't get to see much since I was so busy demonstrating Dog Fight in the game room. That was a little disappointing, but a good problem to have.

During the demos I had the pleasure of meeting Emil Palisoc of Attack Dice. Emi agreed to play Dog Fight and he really liked it. Attack Dice are the makers of When Zombies Attack!, a fast, custom dice game where players try to survive a zombie mob. They have an expansion out and more on the way. Check it out!

There were lots and lots of games in the gaming area at GnomeCon. Their gaming library had over 200 titles on location. It's primarily a gaming event, which is ideal for Dog Fight. It's also a great venue for game designers to show their creations and meet game companies! I also had the pleasure of meeting Richard Launius, creator of epic titles such as Arkham Horror and Elder Sign (produced by Fantasy Flight Games).

Richard and I discussed details about bringing Dog Fight to the next level, from a production and marketing standpoint. I already knew there was a lot of work to do for Dog Fight to become a well known name and Richard had great advice to help that process.

The daytime events were family friendly. Some of the evening events were not so much, if you're into that sort of thing. The gaming was open the whole time, and Dog Fight was shown until about 1AM. So for gamers interested in playing games, GnomeCon definitely is an event for you. For game designers interested in showing your games, don't miss GnomeCon next year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.