JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I want to brag about my new computer!! It probably won't seem like much to a lot of you, so before I tell you about it, I have to tell you what my old one was:

I was running Windows 98 on a 500mhz processor with dial up service that would generally connect at about 36000 bps.

DSL became affordable in our area, but my old computer couldn't run it, so that was the push I needed to get a new one. Now, I am jamming! I have an Athlon 64 processor, 1GB of memory and all the storage I could ever need.

So, this is what fast looks like.

The only problem I'm having is that the pictures on BGG won't show up. The avatar are showing up, but not the game images. When I right click the image and say "show image" it says the connection was refused. I'm guessing it has something to do with my firewall, so I'll have to mess with that. I listed this as a safe site, but maybe I need to do something else, I don't know much about firewalls.

So, anyway, I'm having a happy day! Now I can go back and listen to all those Geekspeaks that I missed out on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valdir Jorge
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jatoha!

Congratulations on your new equipment! Welcome to the land of fast!

As for the pictures, Aldie is doing some maintenance work, so things will be shaky for a while. Read more here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/96509.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Go you! The first thing I always do with a new computer is load all of my old games and see what they would have been like with a computer that was fit for running them .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:

I was running Windows 98 on a 500mhz processor with dial up service that would generally connect at about 36000 bps.

DSL became affordable in our area, but my old computer couldn't run it, so that was the push I needed to get a new one.

My system runs Windows 95c with 200mhz & 64 MB memory. No problem with running DSL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I didn't have a network card and something else that I needed. I was wanting to upgrade anyway, so this was a good excuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.