20 Posts

Myth» Forums » News

Subject: Conner Mini-Boss Stretch Goal at 3000 Backers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Smith
msg tools
mbmb
Please come to the Kickstarter and pledge at least $1 so that we can reach this goal. Think of it like some kind of charity for boardgamers. whistle

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0?ref=bg...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignore Auctorium and don't pledge unless you're actually after the game. Don't be cheap like he's requesting, thanks =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
Ignore Auctorium and don't pledge unless you're actually after the game. Don't be cheap like he's requesting, thanks =)

Ouch, why so harsh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:

Why not? KS is a format for getting projects that you like the look of funded. Some people can't afford the full pledges but want to show their support by offering what they can. This is quite frankly a bad attitude to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:

By pledging a dollar, you are helping add to backers and making the project look heavily supported and encouraging more to pledge as well as helping full backers reach the 3000 backers stretch goal.

The fact that they are paying $1 when they wouldn't back at all is, by definition, NOT cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who has pledged $300 so far and wants to see it go further, I have no problem with people creating alternative KS accounts and pledging $1 to meet the Conner goal.

So I did...cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
As someone who has pledged $300 so far and wants to see it go further, I have no problem with people creating alternative KS accounts and pledging $1 to meet the Connor goal.

So I did...cool

This is something I hadn't thought of actually. As Connor is linked to number of backers rather than a monetary goal it feels like going behind MERCS back when they've so far been very good at supporting the community with this KS. I think that they might change that so it has to be 3000 backers at the minimum pledge level ($25) or above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
As someone who has pledged $300 so far and wants to see it go further, I have no problem with people creating alternative KS accounts and pledging $1 to meet the Connor goal.

So I did...cool

This is something I hadn't thought of actually. As Connor is linked to number of backers rather than a monetary goal it feels like going behind MERCS back when they've so far been very good at supporting the community with this KS. I think that they might change that so it has to be 3000 backers at the minimum pledge level ($25) or above.

In my opinion you have it backwards. The community has been very good at supporting MERCS' KS. I'm taking a $301(most likely more) gamble on them, which I'm fine with. If I can get a little bit more 'bang for the buck' as they say, why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
Sir Wilhelm wrote:

So I did...cool

In my opinion you have it backwards. The community has been very good at supporting MERCS' KS. I'm taking a $301(most likely more) gamble on them, which I'm fine with. If I can get a little bit more 'bang for the buck' as they say, why not?

Because KS is about supporting a company or game that you wish to support because you feel the company or game is a good concept. Whilst not getting ripped off is a concern getting bang for your buck is not what KS is supposed to be about. Creating false accounts to artificially inflate the numbers is also likely against the KS terms and conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think drumming up business, even of the $1 variety, is a bad thing. I personally wouldn't set up an alternate account, even if it was kosher by Kickstarter's TOS (which if it isn't, would be a sad way to lose a backer).

And I would completely understand if MERCS changed it from "any backers" to at least "Lair" level backers. Having said all that, I get the impression they'd like us to have Conner, regardless. I really don't want them thinking we're taking advantage of their... responsiveness to our community, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
Sir Wilhelm wrote:

So I did...cool

Because KS is about supporting a company or game that you wish to support because you feel the company or game is a good concept. Whilst not getting ripped off is a concern getting bang for your buck is not what KS is supposed to be about. Creating false accounts to artificially inflate the numbers is also likely against the KS terms and conditions.

I understand what you are saying. And I agree with you in principal about what KS is supposed to be. I don't agree with the idea of getting ripped off. Anyone pledging money towards an idea has to know that the odds are not in their favor. If Jan '14 comes around and a box full of rocks gets delivered to my house, my bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:

What he said ^

The reason, I disprove of that, is because it's 3000 BACKERS. Not '3000 Pledges'. The whole point is that it's 3000 people properly backing the game, I just don't see putting $1 because someone asked them to, or making a 2nd account to put in another $1, is a fair way to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...and how many of you noticed what the minimum pledge is for Myth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bonner
United Kingdom
Grantham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

$1

You just don't get any rewards for it.

That's why I agree that shill accounts are morally dubious -it seems a poor way of supporting a very good campaign and what looks like becoming a brilliant game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peter100 wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:

$1

You just don't get any rewards for it.

That's why I agree that shill accounts are morally dubious -it seems a poor way of supporting a very good campaign and what looks like becoming a brilliant game.

Yep, the minimum reward level is $25. The minimum pledge is $1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Walsh
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
Feels like they're trying to give us Connor as easily as possible without simply giving him to us. I don't see why this would be a bad thing, especially when it stirs up more publicity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShiftyPowers57 wrote:
Feels like they're trying to give us Connor as easily as possible without simply giving him to us. I don't see why this would be a bad thing, especially when it stirs up more publicity.

I do think they want us to have him. It's a fun and really personal addition which I really love. But I would rather see genuine backers come on board and help us up the stretch goals rather than abusing the system (which is against the KS T&Cs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
ShiftyPowers57 wrote:

I do think they want us to have him. It's a fun and really personal addition which I really love. But I would rather see genuine backers come on board and help us up the stretch goals rather than abusing the system (which is against the KS T&Cs)

It's all semantics. I could just have easily had my wife make an account and pledge $1. And then asked my friend and his wife to do the same. And then my sisters.... I wipe my ass with KS' T&C, especially since they didn't do anything about the multimillionaire using KS to send her 9 year old daughter to dev camp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:

It's all semantics. I could just have easily had my wife make an account and pledge $1. And then asked my friend and his wife to do the same. And then my sisters.... I wipe my ass with KS' T&C, especially since they didn't do anything about the multimillionaire using KS to send her daughter to dev camp.

Id not heard anything about this?

Beyond that, KS doesnt allow multiple accounts?
Why they hell do they care?

And KS is going to be biased on the dollar.
For the Peeble KS alone, they got around $500k.
And all they do is provide a website.

Though, it seems everyone ends up good in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
ShiftyPowers57 wrote:

It's all semantics. I could just have easily had my wife make an account and pledge $1. And then asked my friend and his wife to do the same. And then my sisters.... I wipe my ass with KS' T&C, especially since they didn't do anything about the multimillionaire using KS to send her 9 year old daughter to dev camp.

Except (a) semantics are important and (b) whilst you may have an issue with KS that it not fair on MERCS who are the developer of the game. It is them that are being affected by the creating of 'fake' accounts because they will take the financial hit on Connor being created. Yes they want us to have him and they could have just said you're all going to get him but saying we;ll give him out when we reach 3000 backers is a way to try to get more genuine backers on board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.