Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello and Thank you for your time.

I have a pretty good handle on the "lighted windows". I understand they may be placed on top of a "dark window", of the same style, and do not "add" to the height. I understand we pay four or ten "asari coins", (depending on which space we choose), and then sort through the stack and choose a lighted window/lighted windows. From there the rules say to place this piece behind our screen.

I just want to be sure as to what happens next? Let's say, for example, I want to build a tower with a base, a "white window section that is dark/unlit", the turret/top, and finally, the newly acquired "white lighted window section". Do I pay for "four builders" since I am building four sections??

Consequently, if I just want to add one "lighted window section" to an already played window section would I need to pay for one builder?

Again, thank you, Wayne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You must pay to acquire the lighted window, and then pay again to build it just like any tower piece (except as you note, it goes ON a dark window and does not add to tower height). You can build it at the same time as the 'dark' window under it, or afterwards in a subsequent build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your time. It's a great game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subramanian Krishnamurthy
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
cannoneer wrote:
You must pay to acquire the lighted window, and then pay again to build it just like any tower piece

I don't think you have to pay for the tower sections again because it makes absolutely no sense to pay 20 asari to buy 2 red lighted windows, for example. And further you are secretly keeping it, meaning if you pay ,others will know what you bought. And the rule DOES NOT say that you have to pay for the towers (it just says secretly selects and places them) while in the bribery case it is specifically mentioned you have to pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
subrak13 wrote:
cannoneer wrote:
You must pay to acquire the lighted window, and then pay again to build it just like any tower piece

I don't think you have to pay for the tower sections again because it makes absolutely no sense to pay 20 asari to buy 2 red lighted windows, for example. And further you are secretly keeping it, meaning if you pay ,others will know what you bought. And the rule DOES NOT say that you have to pay for the towers (it just says secretly selects and places them) while in the bribery case it is specifically mentioned you have to pay.

What you pay to acquire it is what it costs to search the lighted window deck (4 or 10 asari) - you pay to search the deck, you take a window of any color. Then you place it behind your screen like anything else you buy, and then you must pay to place it in your tower. Is that clearer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.