Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
One day my girlfriend and I was arguing what to play. Should we play the "aMAZEing labyrinth" or "Dragonquest", as we argued this my girlfriend suddenly sugested we should play a game called Maestro. Now I have never played this game, but went along with it to see if this was anything to have.

First of this game takes a lot of turning tiles upsidedown for the setup, then too choise how to beging you have to sing in tune. Now this knocked me of a bit as singing in tune is not my best skill, whilst my girlfriend comes from a musical family and does know how to sing. I would have prefered a more random method of choesing how should go first.

The game is played out by placing musicans tiles on diffrent kinds of orchestras (duos and so on), scoring points for each tile and each complete orchestra you get out. Every turn you draw 1,2 or 3 new musicans or you might draw applauses. The applauses is to mark the game end, when you get all of them the game is over and you can either see how one or you might have decided to play to a certain score and therefore start a new board. The musicans is placed in your agenture, which is a board with hold 10 boxes in two lines. The musicans left in your agenture after you got all applauses loses you points acording to the number under the musican. You might also steal musicans from your opponent if they are put on the top row, or if your agenture is full.

The design of the board is quite nice, allthough the tiles could have been made much more beautifull. The agentures is seperated from the rest of the game and too is not so attractive.

I wouldn't recomend anyone to buy this game if you haven't played it before hand, also musicans seems to be more likley to enjoy it somehow. I didn't like it as there are much better games like it avalible. It also would have helped a bit if there was a more fair and sure system of deciding how should go first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.