Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Serious tragedy, skip if you want.

Outside my office there's a shared cubicle space. M and L, both nice girls work there. (M replaced Sam The Girl if any of you remember her).

L is Jamaican, I believe, but no accent. Always humming along to earbuds she has in. 34 years old.

Her mom, A, also works here. She has the accent. A wonderful hard working woman that I deal with on a daily basis. I create ads and brochures, A mails them out at request and keeps my inventory.

So, A is Ls mom. I deal with both extensively.

A called today to see if L was in, because she hasn't heard from her for a few days, and A is on vacation.

L was not in, so she went to her apartment to see what was up.

L is dead.

We have no further information at all at this time, as A is not coherent.

At this location, there's about 20 of us. A and L have both been here at least 6 years, which is as long as I have been.

The shock is astounding. It makes no sense at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sucks man.

Ask if you need any advice.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I'm sorry for your loss, Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally sympathize. I used to work in a flooring warehouse. It was just me and one other guy. He loved spelunking. After about a year of this job one Monday morning he doesn't show up and know one knows where he is. After a few calls we found out he'd fallen over 70 feet and died. I think he was 24.

It was so weird. Friday he was working with me, and then he was dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
Friday he was working with me, and then he was dead.

Exactly the same thing. Just so weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chony McChuukface
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a tough situation. I have gone through it a twice at work. I also went through a personal situation where the person was there and an hour later they were dead.

Sadly, I have no great words of wisdom. Good luck and prayers for you and all of those involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is hard to read.

I taught with a woman who was about my grandmother's age. She retired and I thought of her from time to time. I sent her a Christmas card.

A buddy of mine I had taught with asked if I heard that she had passed. I hadn't and looked around and found her obituary. I was sad, but she was older and frail and figured it was her time.

My friend told me a bit later that she had fallen in her house and was found days later, after it was too late.

So sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about that.

Last year, when I was still working at WM, a customer came through and she paid with a check. I noticed the last name was K**** and I had a best friend in 1st grade with that same last name and then he moved and never saw him again. I told her about that and she said that he was her nephew.

Unfortunately, she told he had died many years ago in a car crash, just out of college, just married, and just gotten a great new job. His parents both had died previously and an only sibling had passed away. Even though I hadn't seen him in just a little under 40 years, it still saddened me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to hear of your loss

One of the worst parts about my job is writing DEC on a personal letter and returning it to the sender. I can't a imagine a worse way to find out a friend had died.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know how you feel, man. A friend of mine here in KC died six years ago, while sitting at his desk at work. It was completely unexpected as he was only 45, four years younger than me. He left behind a wife and two daughters in Junior High and High School.

It was sad for me personally as I was looking forward to moving to KC and getting to know him and his wife better. We had met 15 years earlier at the local SF/F con (ConQuest) and I always wanted to spend more time around him.

Prayers for you and your co-workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is so sad, how awful for her mother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Macewan
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
Friday he was working with me, and then he was dead.

Exactly the same thing. Just so weird.

Likewise for me.

Last year a 37 year old colleague of mine died suddenly over the weekend (he had heart defect). It was the anniversary of his death in February, and that was weird too - it seems strange to remember how integral and vital to the team he seemed, yet things have rapidly moved on without him and now he is only a memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for your loss. In my twenty some years at work, I've lost six colleagues from my department. Car accidents and heart attacks. None as close as it sounds like you were to L, but still shocks. Chin up and enjoy each day that you get with friends and loved ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.