Legendary: Fantastic Four» Forums » General

Subject: What We Know - Fantastic Four Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar to my Dark City-Thread, I'll try to collect the released information for the FF-expansion. Same rules apply, I'll only post info from reputable sources and will try to keep conjecture to a minimum As with the Dark City-thread, please let me know if I missed something!

Release Date: October 22nd, 2013 October 15th, 2013
100 cards
Box will be smaller than the one for Dark City
MSRP $19.99
5 Heroes
2 Villain groups
2 Masterminds
4 Schemes
New Keyword: Cosmic Threat - announce a color, for each hero of that color you play you reduce the target's power
New Keywords: Burrow, Focus

Heroes:

1. Mr. Fantastic
2. Invisible Woman
3. Human Torch
4. The Thing
5. Silver Surfer

Masterminds:

1. Galactus - 20 Fight, Master Strike destroys city spaces
2. Mole Man - revealed at GenCon 7 Fight

Villains:

1. Subterranea - include Ra'ktar the Molan King and Giganto
2. Heralds of Galactus

Main Sources:
Dice Tower video of the Legendary presentation at GTS 2013
BGG TV interview with Brenzor at ACD Games Day 2013
Tom Vasel tweeted the cover of the expansion
Listing at Play the Game, Read the Story - Thanks to spillz606 for unearthing it!
Reports from the GenCon Legendary event, thanks to kirbdogusa, Arkhamssaber, and rabidroadkill!
AlexElder's report from Fan Expo
boardgamegeektv video from GenCon
Images posted by AlexElder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You rock, Knobbly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do my best! *face-melting guitar solo*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Here's hoping that Galactus will represent a new take on masterminds, he's too nuts to just be 12 attack. I think he may be best done as a scheme with his heralds being the mm tactics, but we shall see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an excellent point. You might be onto something there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
NDjunkie wrote:
Here's hoping that Galactus will represent a new take on masterminds, he's too nuts to just be 12 attack. I think he may be best done as a scheme with his heralds being the mm tactics, but we shall see.

Would be interesting if he couldn't be defeated through normal means. Come on the guy is an abstract, a force of nature with power that has no limits. One thought for a alternate method for defeating the world eater could be acquiring the ultimate nullifier, (meeting the cards requirements before it is played). I'm hoping the scheme will have a sorta time bomb effect. When the last twist is played "boom" world gets eaten. Schemes twists could also turn heroes from the hq or players hands into heralds (similar to the skrull invasion scenario).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added link to Tom Vasel's tweet of what I presume is the cover of the expansion to the first post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! But no sign of a fifth hero (Silver Surfer or She-Hulk?) on the packaging has me a little sad.

October can't get here soon enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though I have not yet received nor played the Dark City expansion, I cannot wait for this one.
Unlike most other players I would be fine with it just featuring the Fantastic Four as heroes. Why? Mainly because it gives us a chance at a cool hero in the expansions after this one, without getting repeats too fast.
I know there are still a lot of heroes out there within the Marvel universe, but I strongly believe that bigger names like "Silver Surfer" will be better sellers than an expansion with heroes like "Wonder Man", "Captain Britain" or "Skaar" as main character.
That being said, I definitely wouldn't mind getting Silver Surfer as a hero in this set and I wouldn't even mind getting new versions of already present heroes (like we did with Wolverine), but I do feel that the game will lose some of it's fans when new expansions dive into repeats too fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Saricov
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't want to spoil the party for everyone, but 100 cards (5 new heroes to add to the existing 32 and another villein to add to the existing 9, all this for 20$ seems a bit steep...

Unless it had some game altering mechanic we haven't heard about yet, i'll pass this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juggernaut1 wrote:
I don't want to spoil the party for everyone, but 100 cards (5 new heroes to add to the existing 32 and another villein to add to the existing 9, all this for 20$ seems a bit steep...

Unless it had some game altering mechanic we haven't heard about yet, i'll pass this one.

I'll pick it up for around $14 online, I figure. Besides that, I love this game too much to not get in on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Haynes
msg tools
The current thought is 5 heroes, 2 schemes, 2 masterminds, a villain group and a henchmen group.

100 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TwystedVampire wrote:
The current thought is 5 heroes, 2 schemes, 2 masterminds, a villain group and a henchmen group.

100 cards.

I'm good with that. I love this game so much that I'll pick up every expansion they put out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueDagger wrote:
I'm good with that. I love this game so much that I'll pick up every expansion they put out.

Including the Great Lakes Avengers expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
BlueDagger wrote:

Lol, probably even including the awful we just took bad screendumps from the movies and put those on cards cause we don't care anymore about the artwork and don't want to keep paying artist to do original artwork for this game expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No, they scrapped that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill wood
United States
Cedar Falls
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
BlueDagger wrote:

I would pay real money for a GLA expansion. Mr. Immortal never takes wounds, Grasshopper is just a bunch play-and-trash cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Squirrel Girl auto defeats masterminds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rimgar
msg tools
mb
MasterGM wrote:
Squirrel Girl auto defeats masterminds.

Oh heavens no. Squirrel Girl wins the game, renders the Mastermind unusable for any and all further gaming sessions, and may just set the entire game box on fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that silver surfer will be a hero, but can be used in the villain deck similar to how jean grey is used as the goblin queen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the time starts again where information starts to leak I added the info Adam posted in another thread. As he also pointed out, the number of cards confirmed by the store listing comes to 96, so there will probably be 4 new Schemes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ude81580.html

Just Ran across this one confirming 4 schemes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Schexnayder
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Be interested to see who the second Mastermind and villain group are. The Frightful Four make the most sense as a villain group, but the Wizard doesn't seem big enough to be a mastermind and there isn't another FF big villain who makes sense as an "always leads" for them. Annihilus would likely be saved for the cosmic expansion given the events of Annihilation. One dark horse Id love to see is Namor as the mastermind, but I doubt they'll go that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping Silver Surfer will be a master mind / villain AND a super hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.