Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve DeBaun
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, I've been releasing the new unit portraits on our twitter feed over the past couple of weeks. I thought I'd share them all here as well...

(I screwed up when I posted the Light Infantry, sorry about that)

There's one left, which will come later this week. Then we'll be posting the BOX COVER and the updated rules!

Give us a follow at:
https://twitter.com/ArsVic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm . . . in a word . . .
Yuk.
yuk

I truly and totally dislike the new art compared to the original/previous unit artwork, which I thought was actually very cool. This may have killed AV for me.
gulp

Any chance the old unit art will be made available?
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve DeBaun
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
We loved the unit art we had for the first version. The artist was brilliant, and he did some great work. The problem was, it didn't make very good *counter* art.

We spent a couple of months working on the new counters. We went through a massive RFP, and reviewed around a dozen different proposals. You can see the discussion here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/11710885

The original art will probably remain available as a historical copy of the print-and-play. We will be updating the PnP with the new art as soon as we get a chance, but it's low on the priority list.

As a side note, the new portraits don't look as good at a large size as the old portraits do. When you see the new portraits in the new unit layout, at the right size, you might have a different opinion. I'll be posting those shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.