Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

I know it's a coop, but I wanted to make sure this game can be played solo. This is a make-or-break issue for me.

And if it plays solo, then it should say so on the game's front page (1-5 players), as I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for a little solitary comfort.

Thanks,

E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be completely talking out of my ass on this as I haven't read these threads in a while, but I think someone mentioned that it is possible to play solo, but that it deters from the tension of working together as a group.

Again, I could be wrong completely. That being said, as I've recently discovered how awesome a co-op can be solo with 'Darkest Night' I really hope this can be done solo and still have it rewarding as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there was a question on this topic already asked. The basic gist was: yes, possible, but no, not ideal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Yes, there was a question on this topic already asked. The basic gist was: yes, possible, but no, not ideal.

Thanks. My forum-search-fu isn't what it used to be

Seems like the game will play very well solo, since controlling more than 1 character is absolutely not a problem for me (like Zombicide and so many other games).

Thanks!

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Took only a few seconds of eye-ball search: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/861474/solitaire-friendl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it can be played solo.
As there is no need of an "evil" player (controlling the system as a dungeonmaster) it can be done.
Ideally a player should in that case control a small group of characters.
2 at the least.
However, like I posted in another treat, one of the core mechanics of the game (the teamtracker) is based on group dynamics, and this aspect stimulates (as does the whole framework of the game) interaction in the form of group planning. This is a co-operative experience to the extreme, as every individual player is part of a tightly working unit of players.
So simulating that feel solo won't be possible.
however, as long as the solo player accepts that the experience will be different in feel from multiplayer mode, it could be an option.
But out of honesty I feel obliged to not promote the game as a solo game, as I deeply feel the system is truly about group dynamics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MDRockstar wrote:
So the game mechanic is? light, complex .medium ?(Game for geeks or can be played by casual players?) Thanks!

It is definitly a heavier game than Zombicide.
It has far more interlocking elements players need to consider.
That said, I have played the game with both casual and hardcore gamers and so far nobody felt the system was overwhelming.
Once players adapt to the new concepts the game introduces, like the teamtracker-mechanic, it plays intuïtive enough for newcomers to quickly get into the gameflow. And as players work together as groups, there is always somebody that will be there to support you along the way.
It never feels you are alone out in the dark, struggling against the game system.

The system itself allows for players to remove some specific mechanical elements of the house, to play a more forgiving introductionary game if they feel like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.