Subject: Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Hojnacki
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay these came up again so bear with me if they've been answered before.

1) Which comes 1st. "En Avant's" fortress surrender effect or an Anglo-Prussian interception that results in a battle?

2) An army purposely moves out of supply going SS. Can it be "cut off" to increase it to CS?

3) I know a major power can go out of exhausted/fatigued status on the MW table from winning crushing victories. BUT can a power that has reached the 1-3 "make peace at end of year" also go out thus staying in the war?

4) Does the British "Reinforcing Success" card mean either/or Anglo Prussian forces? Or do you REALLY have to win a battle with a mixed force?

B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bessieres wrote:
1) Which comes 1st. "En Avant's" fortress surrender effect or an Anglo-Prussian interception that results in a battle?

I can't say for sure, but since En Avant says "fortress surrenders immediately," I would guess the fortress surrender happens first.

Quote:
2) An army purposely moves out of supply going SS. Can it be "cut off" to increase it to CS?

No. A force can drop to a lower supply state by going beyond its supply lines (or being cut off), but if it's already in that state, cutting it off further won't help. However, you could use light units to raid it and thus knock it down to CS.

Quote:
3) I know a major power can go out of exhausted/fatigued status on the MW table from winning crushing victories. BUT can a power that has reached the 1-3 "make peace at end of year" also go out thus staying in the war?

Not an official answer, but I believe so.

Quote:
4) Does the British "Reinforcing Success" card mean either/or Anglo Prussian forces? Or do you REALLY have to win a battle with a mixed force?

The first. "Anglo-Prussian" means "the forces of the Anglo-Prussian Alliance. For that matter, if you somehow got the Danes in on the A-P side and they won the first victory in the German theater, that would count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bessieres wrote:
Okay these came up again so bear with me if they've been answered before.

I generally agree with Sam's answers, but I wanted to add to the discussion.

Quote:

Surrender happens first. It is outlined in section 12.10 in version 2.

Quote:

I scoured the site looking for this old conversation but could not find it. My notes say that Bob clarified that 9.4.1 applies once per cause, so I think supply state may only be worsened by a card play or KK raid. As Sam said.

Quote:

I have no idea what this is about. I looked around and can't figure it out. Can somebody enlighten me?

Quote:

B.

I always interpreted it to mean an AngloAllied or Prussian or combination of the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
Quote:

I have no idea what this is about. I looked around and can't figure it out. Can somebody enlighten me?

The question as I understand it:

If a power's MW goes down to the level where they have to make peace at the end of the year (I think it's 1 or 2, but I don't have the board in front of me), but then they win a crushing victory, thus raising their MW by 1, do they still have to make peace at the end of the year, assuming MW stays steady until that time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK Sam, I found that on the board, but I can't find any reference to 'peace' breaking out in the rules. Is it in there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 21.3.2, first bullet point. I had forgotten that both Austria and Prussia need to be in the red zone for peace to break out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I see that. The rule makes it seem like an instant result. So there would be no chance to climb out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob kalinowski
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, a power can elevate itself out of the Make Peace red zone, and stay in the game. If it is at MW 3, and gets a crushing win, and thus goes up to 4, it can continue.

Let us note here that BOTH Prussia and Austria have to be in the Red Zone to have the game end at the end of the year. If only one power's MW is in the red, the game continues anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob kalinowski
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is any AP force, of any composition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.