Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hunters from Mordor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It says for each clue tokens in play then add its threat and attack power.
I would like to ask if one of my hero is carrying the clue, does that clue consider in play which will allow the Hunters from Mordor increase its threat and attack?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understood correctly, yes.

Every clue in play means in the staging area or attached to your Heroes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it counts.

A card anywhere in any player's area or staging area is considered in play.
A card in your deck, discard pile, encounter deck, encounter discard pile or victory display is out of play.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
...in other words, they get brutal really, really quickly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
Yes, it counts.

A card anywhere in any player's area or staging area is considered in play.
A card in your deck, discard pile, encounter deck, encounter discard pile or victory display is out of play.

It's hard for new players to "get." Basically any card that's face up is "in play" and cards face down are not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks..

This quest is freaking hard to play with
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Vladimir17 wrote:
Yes, it counts.

A card anywhere in any player's area or staging area is considered in play.
A card in your deck, discard pile, encounter deck, encounter discard pile or victory display is out of play.

It's hard for new players to "get." Basically any card that's face up is "in play" and cards face down are not.


So do you consider shadow cards that have been revealed as "in play" also?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hilaryj wrote:
Robrob wrote:
Vladimir17 wrote:
Yes, it counts.

A card anywhere in any player's area or staging area is considered in play.
A card in your deck, discard pile, encounter deck, encounter discard pile or victory display is out of play.

It's hard for new players to "get." Basically any card that's face up is "in play" and cards face down are not.


So do you consider shadow cards that have been revealed as "in play" also?


Good question. The rules say that any encounter card engaged with a player is in play but don't mention shadow cards. I would think that shadow cards are in play until discarded. Technically, they may not be "engaged" with a player, but they sure seem like they're in play to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.