Popular Tags: [View All]
Felis Concolor
United States
flag msg tools
Shh. I stalking!
badge
You no see me. I invisible!!
mbmbmbmbmb
A fast moving game. The playing field changes continuously throughout the play. With each roll of the dice, the center board is rotated to a new position. This results in a completely new set of play options for each turn. Players must remain on guard at all times in order to react to the shifting of playing patterns.

OBJECT:

The objective of the game is to be the first player to move all 10 playing pieces across the board to your home base.

THIS IS ACCOMPLISHED BY THE USE OF:
MOVES: A playing piece may be moved from one position to the next open position following the lines on the game board.
JUMPS: A player may jump his playing piece OVER his own or his opponent’s playing piece or pieces (see illustration.) Successive jumps are permitted as long as they follow the lines of play. Playing pieces that are jumped are to remain on the playing field.

Moves and jumps can be made in ANY direction as long as they follow the lines. Players cannot make both a move and a jump in one turn.

PLAYING THE GAME:

Each player selects 10 playing pieces of the same color and positions them in the triangular section of the playing board across from his home base (matching colors of the playing pieces correspond to the home base.) Players roll the die to determine the first player; high roll plays first.

After the first player rolls the die, the center section is turned so that the arrow points to the same number that is on the face of the die (see illustration.) Player then jumps or moves on playing piece onto the center game board.

Play then continues to the left in the same sequence: 1) player rolls the die, 2) the center is turned, and 3) he jumps or moves one of his playing pieces.

Players MUST move one playing piece every turn. Occasionally, however, all of a player’s playing pieces may be completely boxed in. When this happens—and NO plays are possible—he loses his turn and must wait until his next turn to continue play.

SHORTCUTS:

There are six shortcut positions directly in front of the numbers on the center board. Playing pieces can be either moved or jumped into these positions.

There are two ways to leave a shortcut position:
1) The player can wait until he rolls a number that is the same as the number of the shortcut position. Then he may move his playing piece ANYWHERE on the board.
The best move at this time is to the furthest open position in his home section (the point of the triangle, for example, if that position is open.) See illustration no. 3.
2) Playing pieces can also be moved or jumped out of the shortcut positions in the normal manner.

STRATEGY:

1) Playing pieces should be moved or jumped out of their starting positions as quickly as possible at the beginning of the game. The best positions to move or jump into are the corners of the center board because these positions will allow two play options when the board is rotated. Second choice would be the positions next to the corner on the center board.
2) Jump playing pieces whenever possible, especially when moving onto or off the center board.
3) Try to keep playing pieces positioned toward the outer rim of the board because in these positions plays can be made directly into the home base.
4) It is good strategy to use the shortcuts because one roll of the die can bring a playing piece home.
5) Playing pieces can be moved into and out of any player’s home base. These moves can be used to block opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is a variant of Chinese Checkers in every way but the center rotates according to a die roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felis Concolor
United States
flag msg tools
Shh. I stalking!
badge
You no see me. I invisible!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much, but the center board complicates things quite a bit. It's random, and some of the holes that would be in an ordinary chinese checkers board aren't there, and the "shortcut" holes add more options for movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.