United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I'm new-ish to Runebound and have the Core Set and Sands (and the six characters from Dungeonquest 3rd ed).

I've heard that some of the newer characters include skills that were not present in the Core Set. If I wanted to play the Core Set, are there any Sands characters that have skills that aren't useful? Is this ia big deal, or do y'all just toss them into the mix and play with them anyway? I'm not even sure how often skills get used, so maybe this isn't a big deal at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just throw them into the mix. The skills are applicable, and as with all heroes, some are stronger than others. Sands heroes are all usable and decent, 1 or 2 may be overpowered.

This thread will give you an idea (though needs more votes) about their relative strengths.

The only time i ever keep any sets of heroes separate is if i'm trying to do something like a Sands-only game, i'll use only the Sands heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.