Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good spot! Although why a Skeleton needs a wrist guard at all might be a better question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't wristguards to protect the soft flesh of the arm from the bowstring? Skeletons have no flesh and don't need a guard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Alberts
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Well I suppose it was wearing one when it met its demise.

Take
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it met its demise because it didn't learn the proper way to hold a bow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And died of gangrene from a slight inner arm abrasion. No wonder they hate the living.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
Don't worry, the skeletons use the bows as clubs anyway, so the wrist guard is even less necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thrawn007 wrote:
Don't worry, the skeletons use the bows as clubs anyway, so the wrist guard is even less necessary.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they will change this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
breegull wrote:
Thrawn007 wrote:

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they will change this!

I still pose the question...wouldn't that make skeletons strategically the same as Arachnids, except without the poison? Right now Skeletons hold the slot of unintelligent all out melee troops. (Intelligent vs not intelligent seems to be the differentiator between skeletons and orcs.)

I'm sure there is more to it, but right now, each race seems to have their own identity when it comes to tactics, and adding range to skeletons seems to actually eliminate some of that diversity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe he is just carrying it around with his strong arm?

Either way, he has an arrow through his head and only 1 boot on, so I am not sure he was the sharpest pencil in the set when he was alive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skeletons have a regeneration mechanic as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Alberts
Netherlands
flag msg tools
MattVid wrote:
Maybe he is just carrying it around with his strong arm?

Either way, he has an arrow through his head and only 1 boot on, so I am not sure he was the sharpest pencil in the set when he was alive

You suppose it's his own arrow? So clumsy he shot himself!

Take

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe your primary hand changes when you die. So he was a leftie when he was alive =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
Maybe your primary hand changes when you die. So he was a leftie when he was alive =P

Then he would have swapped the bow into the other hand as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Smoothsmith wrote:

Well...yeah. He'd swap the bow and not the wristguard, he no longer needs to care about the wristguard so that would be ignored, right? =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
Smoothsmith wrote:

Well...yeah. He'd swap the bow and not the wristguard, he no longer needs to care about the wristguard so that would be ignored, right? =P

Ah yeah! I was thinking about it the other way around and that he'd just swapped the wrist guard!

Anybody know how fast leather decomposes?! Surely an entire body doesn't decompose so quickly that the leather is left still in tact?!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Alberts
Netherlands
flag msg tools
jonahmaul wrote:
Smoothsmith wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
Smoothsmith wrote:

Ah yeah! I was thinking about it the other way around and that he'd just swapped the wrist guard!

Anybody know how fast leather decomposes?! Surely an entire body doesn't decompose so quickly that the leather is left still in tact?!!

Depends on the environment. In highly acidic environments leather survives remarkably well (think of the bodies found in peat bogs), the bones (being calcium), on the other hand, not so well. This poses a bit of a conundrum.

Take

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.