flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the regionals near me is advertising the following rules:

50 minute games
Win: 3 Points
Tie: 2 Points
Loss: 1 Point

This isn't anywhere close to the rules, and I can see a bunch of people showing up the day of the event and complaining about it and creating a really sour mood with the TO. Does anyone have experience with contacting FFG about these types of concerns and have you had much luck doing it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely contact FFG, so they at least know of the issue. Also, contact your local store and send them information about the tournament rules (which are posted on FFG's website).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Piqsid wrote:
One of the regionals near me is advertising the following rules:

50 minute games
Win: 3 Points
Tie: 2 Points
Loss: 1 Point

This isn't anywhere close to the rules, and I can see a bunch of people showing up the day of the event and complaining about it and creating a really sour mood with the TO. Does anyone have experience with contacting FFG about these types of concerns and have you had much luck doing it?

Wow, sign me up with this list:

- Lando + Push the Limit + Chewbacca + Nien Nunb + Millennium Falcon + Shield Upgrade
- Luke Skywalker + R2-D2 + Draw Their Fire + Proton Torpedoes + Shield Upgrade

Take out one ship per match. Win tournament.

On a more serious note, I have no idea how to deal with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would contact the store and show them a copy of the tournament rules. There is a chance they have not seen them and just made up their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
I would contact the store and show them a copy of the tournament rules. There is a chance they have not seen them and just made up their own.

Here's a link:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
And directly to the PDF:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet another issue that could be solved by FFG including tournament rules and guidelines with the $175 Regional Kit you have to purchase to hold the event.

The only thing the TO is supposed to be able to change is the time limit, and even that is set at 60 minutes minimum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sent the friendliest worded email I could muster to the store and we'll see what kind of response I get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brinkman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Piqsid wrote:
I just sent the friendliest worded email I could muster to the store and we'll see what kind of response I get.

Also do not be afraid to reach out to FFG. I am having a situation of my own with a different regional and I emailed them Sunday. I got a reply from them this morning. They take their tournament format very seriously. So if the game store just didnt know and they do the right thing cool. If not reach out to FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything was fixed amicably. They responded to my email saying they were unaware of the rules at the time the posted the details on facebook and it has since been corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Egan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
jkayati wrote:
Yet another issue that could be solved by FFG including tournament rules and guidelines with the $175 Regional Kit you have to purchase to hold the event.

The only thing the TO is supposed to be able to change is the time limit, and even that is set at 60 minutes minimum.

While I agree that FFG might as well include their tournament packet with the regional kit, I have no clue what is causing venues/TO to not even attempt to look up the tournament rules. I mean they are very clearly available on the FFG website or through google, so it makes no sense for a venue to just wing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.